IND vs SL: Sri Lanka will lock horns against India in the 3rd T20I of the Sri Lanka tour of India, 2023 on Saturday, January 7, 2023, at Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot.
Talking about the second T20I, the Lankans swatted aside the Men in Blue by 16 runs. Batting first after losing the toss, Sri Lanka charted 206 runs on the board, courtesy of Kusal Mendis and Dasun Shanaka’s half-centuries.
In reply, India fought hard but fell 16 runs short of the target. Stand-in captain Suryakumar Yadav and all-rounder Axar Patel played flamboyant knocks but failed to take their side over the finish line.
Heading into the third and final T20I of the series, both teams will look to bring their best games with the best possible combination at their disposal. All in all, with some of the best T20 international stars taking the field against each other, a cracking contest beckons at Rajkot.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 3rd T20I of the Sri Lanka tour of India, 2023.
IND vs SL Match Details
- Match: India vs Sri Lanka, 3rd T20I
- Date: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM (IST) | 1:30 PM (GMT) | 7:00 PM (Local)
- Venue: Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot
Pitch Report For IND vs SL, 3rd T20I
The Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium track is well-balanced, having something for both batters and bowlers. Spinners will most certainly be used in the second innings, and the pitch may slow down as the game develops. The average first-inning score at this venue hovers around 175 runs.
Pitch Stats of Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot For IND vs SL, 3rd T20I
- Total matches played: 4
- Matches won batting first: 2
- Matches won bowling first: 2
- Average 1st Inns scores: 179
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 149
- Highest total recorded: 202/4 (19.4 Ov) by IND vs AUS
- Lowest total recorded: 87/10 (16.5 Ov) by RSA vs IND
- Highest score chased: 202/4 (19.4 Ov) by IND vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 196/2 (20 Ov) by NZ vs IND
Probable Playing XI For IND vs SL, 3rd T20I
India Playing XI
Hardik Pandya (C), Ishan Kishan (WK), Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Rahul Tripathi, Deepak Hooda, Axar Patel, Shivam Mavi, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh/Harshal Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal.
Sri Lanka Playing XI
Dasun Shanaka (C), Kusal Mendis (WK), Pathum Nissanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madushanka.
Stats of India & Sri Lanka Form in Last 5 Matches
IND vs SL Top Players to Pick in Fantasy Team for 3rd T20I of Sri Lanka tour of India, 2023
1. Dasun Shanaka
The Sri Lankan captain has been phenomenal in the series so far. He played a crucial knock of unbeaten 56 runs off just 22 balls in the first T20I and backed it with another flamboyant knock of 45 runs from just 22 balls. He is currently the highest run-scorer in the ongoing series.
2. Suryakumar Yadav
The vice-captain of India couldn’t score much in the opening but bounced back stronger and played a belligerent knock of 51 runs from just 36 balls in the second T20I. He will be one of the must picks among batters for your IND vs SL Dream11 fantasy team.
3. Umran Malik
He is the top wicket-taker in the series, having bagged five scalps in two matches. He was pretty economical in the last match, where he picked up three wickets but went on to concede 48 runs in his complete quota of four overs.
IND vs SL Player Record/Stats (Must Picks) For 3rd T20I
|Player||Stats (This Series)|
|Axar Patel||96 Runs & 2 Wickets|
|Dasun Shanaka||101 Runs|
|Kusal Mendis||80 Runs|
|Suryakumar Yadav||58 Runs|
|Hardik Pandya||41 Runs|
|Ishan Kishan||39 Runs|
|Umran Malik||5 Wickets|
|Shivam Mavi||4 Wicket & 26 Runs|
|Dilshan Madushanka||3 Wicket|
IND vs SL Captaincy Picks For 3rd T20I Between India vs Sri Lanka
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Axar Patel
- Dasun Shanaka
IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction – Fantasy Team Suggesting For 3rd T20I
India vs Sri Lanka – Fantasy Team 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Kusal Mendis, Ishan Kishan
- Batters: Suryakumar Yadav, Dasun Shanaka, Pathum Nissanka
- All-Rounders: Axar Patel, Hardik Pandya, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Bowlers: Shivam Mavi, Maheesh Theekshana, Umran Malik
- Captain: Axar Patel
- Vice-Captain: Dasun Shanaka
India vs Sri Lanka – Fantasy Team 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Kusal Mendis, Ishan Kishan
- Batters: Suryakumar Yadav, Dasun Shanaka, Deepak Hooda
- All-Rounders: Axar Patel, Hardik Pandya, Chamika Karunaratne
- Bowlers: Shivam Mavi, Dilshan Madushanka, Umran Malik
- Captain: Suryakumar Yadav
- Vice-Captain: Kusal Mendis
IND vs SL Match Prediction – Who Will Win Today’s Match?
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.