IND vs SL: Sri Lanka will lock horns against India in the 2nd T20I of the Sri Lanka tour of India, 2023 on Thursday, January 5, 2023, at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune.
Team India registered a narrow two-run victory in the T20I series opener against Sri Lanka. After being asked to bat first, India posted 162 runs on the board for the loss of six wickets with the duo of Deepak Hooda and Axar Patel adding crucial 68 runs for the sixth wicket.
In reply, Sri Lanka fell just two runs short of the target. Captain Dasun Shanaka was their top run-getter, having scored 45 runs from 27 balls. For India, debutant Shivam Mavi ran through the batting lineup of Sri Lanka, having bagged a sensational four-wicket haul.
Umran Malik also picked two wickets while Harshal Patel was pretty economical with his spell, having conceded 41 runs from his four overs spell. Heading into the second T20I, while the Men in Blue will look to take an unassailable lead in the series, the Islanders will be eager to level the series.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd T20I of the Sri Lanka tour of India, 2023.
Table of Contents
IND vs SL Match Details
- Match: India vs Sri Lanka, 2nd T20I
- Date: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM (IST) | 1:30 PM (GMT) | 7:00 PM (Local)
- Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
Pitch Report For IND vs SL, 2nd T20I
The surface at Pune will offer something for the pacers initially and as the match progresses spinners will have a crucial part in the game. Whoever wins the toss should look to bat first and pile up runs here.
Pitch Stats of Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune For IND vs SL, 2nd T20I
- Total matches played: 3
- Matches won batting first: 1
- Matches won bowling first: 2
- Average 1st Inns scores: 153
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 128
- Highest total recorded: 201/6 (20 Ov) by IND vs SL
- Lowest total recorded: 101/10 (18.5 Ov) by IND vs SL
- Highest score chased: 158/5 (17.5 Ov) by IND vs ENG
- Lowest score defended: 201/6 (20 Ov) by IND vs SL
Injury Update For IND vs SL, 2nd T20I
Sanju Samson suffered a knee injury during the first T20I against Sri Lanka and has been ruled out of the remainder of the series. Jitesh Sharma has replaced him in India’s T20I squad.
Probable Playing XI For IND vs SL, 2nd T20I
India Playing XI
Hardik Pandya (C), Ishan Kishan (WK), Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Rahul Tripathi, Deepak Hooda, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Shivam Mavi, Umran Malik, Yuzvendra Chahal.
Sri Lanka Playing XI
Dasun Shanaka (C), Kusal Mendis (WK), Pathum Nissanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madushanka.
Stats of India & Sri Lanka Form in Last 5 Matches
IND vs SL Top Players to Pick in Fantasy Team for 2nd T20I of Sri Lanka tour of India, 2023
1. Ishan Kishan
The Ranchi batter looked in great touch in the opening T20I match. He scored 37 runs from 29 balls, out of which he scored 17 runs in the first over itself. He will be looking to provide India with a flying start in this match as well.
2. Dasun Shanaka
The Sri Lankan captain played a flamboyant knock of 45 runs off just 27 balls in the first T20I. He was looking all set to take his team over the finish but couldn’t do it. He will be one of the must picks for your Dream11 fantasy team.
3. Hardik Pandya
The stand-in captain of India got 29 runs in the opening T20I game and failed to eke out any wickets. He will be one of the key players for India in the second T20I, as well as for your Dream11 fantasy team.
IND vs SL Player Record/Stats (Must Picks) For 2nd T20I
|Player||Stats (This Series)|
|Hardik Pandya||45 Runs|
|Wanindu Hasaranga||41 Runs|
|Ishan Kishan||37 Runs|
|Wanindu Hasaranga||21 Runs & 1 Wicket|
|Kusal Mendis||28 Runs|
|Hardik Pandya||29 Runs|
|Shivam Mavi||4 Wickets|
|Maheesh Theekshana||1 Wicket|
IND vs SL Captaincy Picks For 2nd T20I Between India vs Sri Lanka
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Ishan Kishan
- Wanindu Hasaranga
IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction – Fantasy Team Suggesting For 2nd T20I
India vs Sri Lanka – Fantasy Team 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Kusal Mendis, Ishan Kishan
- Batters: Suryakumar Yadav, Dasun Shanaka, Deepak Hooda
- All-Rounders: Dhananjaya de Silva, Hardik Pandya, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Bowlers: Shivam Mavi, Maheesh Theekshana, Umran Malik
- Captain: Ishan Kishan
- Vice-Captain: Wanindu Hasaranga
India vs Sri Lanka – Fantasy Team 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Kusal Mendis, Ishan Kishan
- Batters: Suryakumar Yadav, Dasun Shanaka, Shubman Gill
- All-Rounders: Hardik Pandya, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Bowlers: Harshal Patel, Shivam Mavi, Maheesh Theekshana, Umran Malik
- Captain: Suryakumar Yadav
- Vice-Captain: Hardik Pandya
IND vs SL Match Prediction – Who Will Win Today’s Match?
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.