MR-W vs AS-W: Melbourne Renegades Women will lock horns against Adelaide Strikers Women in Match 5 of the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL), 2022 on Sunday, October 16, 2022, at Harrup Park, Queensland.
Melbourne Renegades will be playing their opening fixture of the season. They enjoyed an excellent time in the last edition of WBBL, where they finished second in the league stage after winning eight of their 14 league stage matches.
Adelaide Strikers, on the other hand, had a disappointing start to their tournament campaign as they lost their opening match against Sydney Sixers by 17 runs. They will be eager to bounce back stronger and open their winning account in the tournament.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for Match 5 of the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL), 2022 between Melbourne Renegades Women and Adelaide Strikers Women.
MR-W vs AS-W Match Details
- Match: Melbourne Renegades Women vs Adelaide Strikers Women, Match 5
- Date: Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Time: 4:45 AM (IST)
- Venue: Harrup Park, Queensland
The pitch at this venue is likely to offer a decent amount of support to the batters. The quick bowlers are expected to find enough pace and bounce off the surface. The team winning the toss might look to bowl first. Anything over 150-160 runs would be a competitive score for the team batting first.
MR-W vs AS-W Probable Playing XI
Melbourne Renegades Women Playing XI
Sophie Molineux (C), Josephine Dooley (WK), Sarah Coyte, Shabnim Ismail, Carly Leeson, Hayley Matthews, Courtney Webb, Evelyn Jones, Rhiann O’Donnell, Erica Kershaw, Georgia Prestwidge.
Adelaide Strikers Women Playing XI
Tahlia McGrath (C), Tegan McPharlin (WK), Jemma Barsby, Katie Mack, Bridget Patterson, Megan Schutt, Laura Wolvaardt, Deandra Dottin, and Darcie Brown, Amanda Wellington, Madeline Penna.
Stats based on the previous five matches —
- Average First Innings Score: 151
- Average Total Score: 144
- Team Batting First Won: 4
- Team Bowling First Won: 1
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
MR-W vs AS-W Head-to-Head Records
Melbourne Renegades Women & Adelaide Strikers Women Last 5 Matches Stats
MR-W vs AS-W Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Courtney Webb||144 Runs & 9 Wickets (Last Edition)|
|Sophie Molineux||77 Runs & 10 Wickets (Last Edition)|
|Katie Mack||34 Runs (This Tournament)|
|Deandra Dottin||25 Runs (This Tournament)|
|Laura Wolvaardt||22 Runs (This Tournament)|
|Darcie Brown||1 Wicket (This Tournament)|
|Megan Schutt||1 Wicket (This Tournament)|
MR-W vs AS-W Captaincy Picks
- Hayley Matthews
- Deandra Dottin
- Sophie Molineux
MR-W vs AS-W Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Erica Kershaw
- Batters: Katie Mack, Laura Wolvaardt, Courtney Webb, Hayley Matthews
- All-Rounders: Deandra Dottin, Tahlia McGrath
- Bowlers: Megan Schutt, Shabnim Ismail, Amanda Wellington, Darcie Brown
- Captain: Hayley Matthews
- Vice-Captain: Deandra Dottin
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Erica Kershaw, Tegan McPharlin
- Batters: Katie Mack, Laura Wolvaardt, Hayley Matthews
- All-Rounders: Deandra Dottin, Tahlia McGrath, Sophie Molineux
- Bowlers: Megan Schutt, Shabnim Ismail, Darcie Brown
- Captain: Deandra Dottin
- Vice-Captain: Sophie Molineux
Probable Winner Of The Match
Adelaide Strikers Women are expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.