IND vs WI: West Indies will lock horns against India in the 3rd ODI of the India tour of West Indies, 2022 on Wednesday, July 27, 2022, at Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad.
Team India won the second ODI by 3 wickets against the Nicholas Pooran-led side to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series. Heading into the third and final ODI, while Men in Blue will aim to clean sweep the hosts, the Windies will look to avoid the whitewash.
Axar Patel smashed an unbeaten 35-ball 64, his maiden ODI fifty in the second ODI as team India registered a phenomenal series-clinching win over the West Indies.
Chasing a stiff target of 312, the visitors were languishing at 205 for the loss of five wickets in 38.4 overs before Axar Patel launched an assault against the Windies bowlers to revive India’s chase with his ferocious knock to take the visitors home with two balls to spare on Sunday.
Apart from Patel, Shreyas Iyer (63) and Sanju Samson (54) also played vital knocks for India but they got out at crucial junctures, bringing the Windies back into the match.
Speaking of West Indies, Shai Hope’s century in his 100th ODI game went in vain as the hosts lost the game in the last 10 overs when their bowlers started bowling under pressure and let the game slip from their hands.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 3rd ODI of the India tour of West Indies, 2022.
IND vs WI Match Details
- Match: West Indies vs India, 3rd ODI
- Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- Time: 7:00 PM (IST)
- Venue: Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
IND vs WI Probable Playing XI
West Indies Playing XI
Shai Hope (WK), Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran (C), Rovman Powell, Akeal Hosein, Romario Shepherd, Alzarri Joseph, Jayden Seales, Hayden Walsh.
India Playing XI
Shikhar Dhawan (C), Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson (WK), Deepak Hooda, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, Avesh Khan.
The surface at Queen’s Park Oval will assist the batters as we have seen in the last match played between the two sides. The bowlers will need to vary their line and lengths to pick wickets here. Whoever wins the toss will opt to field first.
- Total matches: 71
- Matches won batting first: 31
- Matches won bowling first: 35
- Average 1st Inns scores: 220
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 181
- Highest total recorded : 413/5 (50 Ov) by IND vs BER
- Lowest total recorded: 75/10 (28.5 Ov) by CAN vs ZIM
- Highest score chased: 312/8 (49.4 Ov) by IND vs WI
- Lowest score defended: 119/3 (29 Ov) by IND vs SL
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches is 290 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 2
- Matches Lost: 3
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
West Indies & India Last 5 Matches Stats
IND vs WI Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Series)|
|Kyle Mayers||114 Runs & 2 Wickets|
|Shai Hope||122 Runs|
|Shreyas Iyer||117 Runs|
|Shubman Gill||107 Runs|
|Shikhar Dhawan||110 Runs|
IND vs WI Captaincy Picks
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Kyle Mayers
- Shreyas Iyer
IND vs WI Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Sanju Samson, Shai Hope
- Batters: Shikhar Dhawan, Nicholas Pooran, Deepak Hooda, Shreyas Iyer
- All-Rounders: Kyle Mayers, Romario Shepherd
- Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Shardul Thakur, Alzarri Joseph
- Captain: Kyle Mayers
- Vice-Captain: Shreyas Iyer
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Shai Hope
- Batters: Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Shreyas Iyer, Nicholas Pooran
- All-Rounders: Axar Patel, Kyle Mayers
- Bowlers: Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Alzarri Joseph
- Captain: Shikhar Dhawan
- Vice-Captain: Shikhar Dhawan
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.