IND vs WI: West Indies will lock horns against India in the 2nd T20I of the India tour of West Indies, 2022 on Monday, August 1, 2022, at Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts.
India have already taken a 1-0 lead in the five-match T20I series by mauling West Indies in the first match by 68 runs.
After being sent to bat first, India posted 190 for 6 with skipper Rohit Sharma top-scoring with 64 off 44 balls. Dinesh Karthik played a sensational knock of 19-ball 41 to propel the visiting side to a mammoth total.
For West Indies, Alazarri Joseph returned with figures of 2 for 46 while left-arm spinner Akeal Hosein was the most economical, conceding only 14 runs in 4 overs with a wicket to his name.
The Men in Blue then restricted West Indies to 122 for 8 in 20 overs with R Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi and Arshdeep Singh bagging two wickets each.
West Indies will look to better their performance in their upcoming game while India will aim to continue their dominance over Men in Maroon.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd T20I of the India tour of West Indies, 2022.
IND vs WI Match Details
- Match: India vs West Indies, 2nd T20I
- Date: Monday, August 1, 2022
- Time: 8:00 PM (IST)
- Venue: Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts
IND vs WI Probable Playing XI
India Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ravichandran Ashwin, Arshdeep Singh.
West Indies Playing XI
Nicholas Pooran (C & WK), Shamarh Brooks, Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell, Kyle Mayers, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Odean Smith, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Obed McCoy.
This venue has a well-balanced surface, and scores of around 170 can be easily achieved. The spinners are likely to dominate the proceedings. It also has something in it for the pace bowlers. Having said that, the batters will get the full value of their shots.
- Total matches: 10
- Matches won batting first: 2
- Matches won bowling first: 6
- Average 1st Inns scores: 119
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 93
- Highest total recorded: 182/6 (20 Ov) by ENG vs WI
- Lowest total recorded: 45/10 (11.5 Ov) by WI vs ENG
- Highest score chased: 147/3 (19.2 Ov) by WI vs AFG
- Lowest score defended: 112/3 (15 Ov) by WI vs AFG
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches is 136 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 3
- Matches Lost: 2
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
India & West Indies Last 5 Matches Stats
IND vs WI Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Rohit Sharma||64 Runs|
|Dinesh Karthik||41 Runs|
|Ravindra Jadeja||16 Runs & 1 Wicket|
|Suryakumar Yadav||24 Runs|
|Kyle Mayers||15 Runs|
IND vs WI Captaincy Picks
- Rohit Sharma
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Kyle Mayers
IND vs WI Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Dinesh Karthik
- Batters: Suryakumar Yadav, Rohit Sharma, Kyle Mayers, Shimron Hetmyer
- All-Rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Jason Holder
- Bowlers: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ravichandran Ashwin, Alzarri Joseph, Akeal Hosein
- Captain: Rohit Sharma
- Vice-Captain: Ravindra Jadeja
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran
- Batters: Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Shimron Hetmyer, Kyle Mayers
- All-Rounders: Ravindra Jadeja
- Bowlers: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ravichandran Ashwin, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Obed McCoy
- Captain: Suryakumar Yadav
- Vice-Captain: Kyle Mayers
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.