IND vs PAK Match Prediction: The 16th match of T20 World Cup 2022 will witness the biggest cricket rivalry of the World Sports as India crosses swords against the arch-rivals Pakistan on Sunday, October 23 at Melbourne Cricket Ground.
For the unversed, it will be the third T20I game this year between the two neighbouring countries. Earlier in Asia Cup 2022, both India and Pakistan faced each other twice with both teams winning a game each.
India had a forgettable outing against Babar Azam & Co. in the last edition of the T20 World Cup in UAE, with the latter trouncing the Blues by 10 wickets.
It was an abysmal batting performance by the Indian batters while their bowlers failed to pose any serious threat to Pakistan as they set up a smooth sailing to the finish line.
Shaheen Shah Afridi was the wrecker-in-chief as he did the damage in bulk while the batting duo of Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan rubbed salt in India’s wounds by handing them a 10-wickets defeat.
Heading into this game, Rohit Sharma-led India will definitely look to avenge their last year’s humiliation at the hands of Pakistan. They will be without the services of their ace pacer Jasprit Bumrah.
However, the likes of Harshal Patel and Arshdeep Singh are expected to step up and take responsibility with the ball. Senior pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar will spearhead the bowling attack while Axar Patel and Yuzvendra Chahal will handle the spin department.
For Pakistan, things will not be much different from last year. Their team has been bolstered by the return of Mohammad Nawaz while Naseem Shah will be an interesting prospect to witness. Shaheen Shah Afridi will lead their bowling attack.
|Match||India vs Pakistan|
|Venue||Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne|
|Date||Sunday, October 23, 2022|
|Time||1:30 PM (IST) / 8:00 AM (GMT) / 7:00 PM (Local)|
|TV Broadcast||Star Sports Network|
The pitch at Melbourne is a good one for batting, and the batters can score runs freely after spending some time in the middle. There will be some bounce and carry for the pace bowlers in the initial overs. Spinners will have a significant say in the middle overs. Anything over 170 is a good competitive score on this wicket.
- Total matches played: 18
- Matches won batting first: 7
- Matches won bowling first: 10
- Average 1st Innings scores: 139
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 127
- Highest total recorded: 184/4 (20 Ov) by AUS-W vs IND-W
- Lowest total recorded: 74/10 (17.3 Ov) by IND vs AUS
- Highest score chased: 172/5 (20 Ov) by SL vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 127/10 (18.4 Ov) by AUS vs PAK
Probable Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (C), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik (WK), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin/Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harshal Patel/Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh.
Babar Azam (C), Mohammad Rizwan (WK), Shan Masood, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Haider Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Asif Ali, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf, Shaheen Shah Afridi.
Players Injury/Availability Report
- Shan Masood has no symptomatic concerns and will be ready for the game.
- Fakhar Zaman hasn’t recovered from his knee injury and is likely to miss the first couple of matches.
India & Pakistan Team’s Form
IND vs PAK Head-to-Head Record
- Matches Played: 11
- India Won: 8
- Pakistan Won: 3
T20 World Cup 2022: IND vs PAK Match Prediction
- Predicted top run-scorer for India: KL Rahul/Virat Kohli
- Predicted top wicket-taker for India: Arshdeep Singh/Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Predicted top run-scorer for Pakistan: Mohammad Rizwan/Babar Azam
- Predicted top wicket-taker for Pakistan: Shaheen Shah Afridi/Haris Rauf
Who will win today’s match between India and Pakistan?
India will enter this contest as favourites, given their recent run of form. However, Rohit Sharma & Co. will be wary of what Pakistan and Shaheen Afridi, in particular, are capable of doing.
Result Prediction: India will win this match.