ENG vs IRE: England will lock horns against Ireland in Match 20 of the ICC T20 World Cup, 2022 on Wednesday, October 26, 2022, at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne.
982208England will look to extend their winning streak in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 when they take on Ireland in the 20th Match of the tournament on Wednesday (October 26) in Melbourne.
England had a terrific start to their tournament campaign as they registered a comprehensive five wickets victory over Afghanistan in their first match.
Their bowlers did a tremendous job by restricting the opposition to 112, with Sam Curran starring with the ball, having picked up a sensational five-wicket haul.
In reply, their top order failed to get going. However their star batter Liam Livingstone took the batting charge and finished the chase on a high.
Ireland, on the other hand, outclassed the two-time T20 World Champions West Indies by nine wickets in the group stage to qualify for the Super-12.
However, facing a formidable unit like England would be a tough deal and they need to furnish their best game to stand a chance against the Three Lions.
As for their head-to-head record, the two teams will face each other for just the second time in T20Is. The match was called off due to rain when the two sides met last time in this format.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for Match 20 of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, 2022.
ENG vs IRE Match Details
- Match: England vs Ireland, Match 20
- Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- Time: 9:30 AM (IST) / 4:00 AM (GMT) / 3:00 PM (Local)
- Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
- TV Broadcast: Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming: Hotstar
Both batters and bowlers will get an equal edge out of the surface. Having said that, the quick bowlers need to capitalise the conditions in favour of them to churn out wickets. Anything around 170-190 is a competitive total on this surface. The team winning the toss will look to bowl first.
ENG vs IRE Probable Playing XI
England Playing XI
Jos Buttler (C & WK), Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes, Liam Livingstone, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood Ireland.
Ireland Playing XI
Paul Stirling, Andrew Balbirnie (C), Lorcan Tucker (WK), Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Gareth Delany, Mark Adair, Simi Singh, Barry McCarthy, Joshua Little.
Pitch Stats – Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
- Total matches played: 19
- Matches won batting first: 7
- Matches won bowling first: 11
- Average 1st Innings scores: 140
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 129
- Highest total recorded: 184/4 (20 Ov) by AUSW vs INDW
- Lowest total recorded: 74/10 (17.3 Ov) by IND vs AUS
- Highest score chased: 172/5 (20 Ov) by SL vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 127/10 (18.4 Ov) by AUS vs PAK
England & Ireland’s Last 5 Matches Stats
ENG vs IRE Head-to-Head Records
- Matches Played: 1
- England Won: 0
- Ireland Won: 0
- No Result: 1
ENG vs IRE Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Sam Curran||5 Wickets (1 Match)|
|Curtis Campher||101 Runs & 2 Wickets (4 Matches)|
|Ben Stokes||2 Wickets (1 Match)|
|Paul Stirling||108 Runs (4 Matches)|
|Jos Buttler||18 Runs (1 Match)|
|Mark Wood||2 Wickets (1 Match)|
ENG vs IRE Captaincy Picks
- Sam Curran
- Ben Stokes
- Jos Buttler
ENG vs IRE Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler, Lorcan Tucker
- Batters: Paul Stirling, Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Harry Tector
- All-Rounders: Sam Curran, Curtis Campher
- Bowlers: Chris Woakes, Mark Wood, Mark Adair
- Captain: Jos Buttler
- Vice-Captain: Sam Curran
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler
- Batters: Paul Stirling, Alex Hales, Harry Tector
- All-Rounders: Ben Stokes, Sam Curran, Gareth Delany, Curtis Campher
- Bowlers: Chris Woakes, Mark Wood, Joshua Little
- Captain: Sam Curran
- Vice-Captain: Ben Stokes
Probable Winner Of The Match
England is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.