The 3rd TEST of 5-Match series between India & England will be played at the Headingley, Leeds on Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
India have already taken a 1-0 lead in the 5-Match Test series after dominating the Lord’s Test on the final day of the match and registering a thumping 151 runs victory against the hosts.
It will be a good opportunity for Virat Kohli and co. to take an unassailable lead in the 5-Match Test series. The Nottingham Test, which ended in a draw, was already under control of the visitors and they would have won it if rain would not have spoiled the match.
Leeds, however isn’t an easy venue to register victory at as team India last won a Test match at this venue back in 2002 when Rahul Dravid (148), Sachin Tendulkar (193), and skipper Sourav Ganguly (128) powered India to an innings and 46 runs win against Naseer Hussain’s led English side.
England, on the other hand will be looking to avoid a loss here and will be looking to win a match to level the series. They are going to make massive changes in their playing XI in the Leeds Test as Zak Crawley and Dom Sibley have been dropped from the side after their poor run in the previous matches.
Dawid Malan has been added to the Test side, while Mark Wood has been ruled out of the Test with a torn shoulder. It will be interesting to watch if the hosts manage to find a perfect combination at Headingley or not.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for 3rd TEST of the India Tour of England, 2021 between India and England.
- Match: England vs India, 3rd TEST
- Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2021
- Time: 3:30 PM (IST)
- Venue: Headingley, Leeds
Jumping directly to match records, Headingley has hosted 18 Test matches in this century, out of which only one match ended in a draw, indicating the wicket at this venue is a balanced one. It will assist the batters for the first three days. However, the last couple of days will be dominated by the spinners. Both teams will look to bat first upon winning the toss.
ENG vs IND Probable Playing XI
England Probable Playing XI
Joe Root (C), Jos Buttler (WK), Haseeb Hameed, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Saqib Mahmood / Craig Overton, James Anderson, Ollie Edward Robinson, Jonny Bairstow, Dawid Malan, Rory Burns.
India Playing XI
Virat Kohli (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Ishant Sharma / Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Siraj, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, Ajinkya Rahane, Jasprit Bumrah, Rohit Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Lokesh Rahul.
England & India Squads
Joe Root (C), Jos Buttler (WK), James Anderson, Daniel Lawrence, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Rory Burns, Moeen Ali, Haseeb Hameed, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Dawid Malan, Saqib Mahmood.
Virat Kohli (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Ravindra Jadeja, Mayank Agarwal, Ishant Sharma, Hanuma Vihari, Prithvi Shaw, Mohammed Siraj, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravichandran Ashwin, KL Rahul, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Axar Patel, Suryakumar Yadav, Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha, Rohit Sharma, Mohammed Shami.
ENG vs IND Last 5 Matches Stats
ENG vs IND Head-to-head
Average First Innings Score
252 Runs (Last 5 TEST matches played at this venue)
Record of Chasing Team
Stats based on the last 5 matches played at this venue.
- Matches Won: 3
- Matches Lost: 2
- No Result/Abandoned: 0
Top Picks For ENG vs IND 3rd TEST
1. Joe Root: The English skipper is the ultimate saviour of England. Had it not been Joe Root’s 180 in England’s first innings, the hosts would have lost the match earlier. He has been one of the key batters for the English side. He is one of the must have players for your fantasy team.
2. James Anderson: The 39-year old is a prime example of the saying ‘age is just a number.’ The English pacer has been phenomenal for his team and is going to be one of the crucial players for them after Mark Wood ruled out of the Test.
1. KL Rahul: The Karnataka-born was not even in contention for playing the first match but Mayank Agarwal’s injury was like a blessing in disguise for KL Rahul as he not only got an opportunity to open the innings for team India but also fixed his spot at the top. The 29-year old has already accumulated 244 runs in this series at a brilliant average of 61. He also got his name engraved on Lord’s honours board after smashing a stunning century at Lord’s.
2. Mohammed Siraj: One can’t imagine the damage he has done in opposition’s camp in the last one year or since he made his debut in the red ball cricket for India. From MCG to Lord’s, he has proven why he is currently the ‘must have’ pacer for team India. He finished the Lord’s Test with 8 wickets, the highest in the match and will be one of the key players in the Leeds Test as well.
ENG vs IND Dream11 Expert Picks
ENG vs IND Player Record/Stats (Top 5 Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Series)|
|Joe Root||386 Runs|
|KL Rahul||244 Runs|
|Mohammed Siraj||11 Wickets|
|James Anderson||9 Wickets|
|Rishabh Pant||84 Runs|
ENG vs IND Captaincy Picks
- Rohit Sharma
- Joe Root
- Lokesh Rahul
ENG vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Jonny Bairstow, Rishabh Pant
- Batsmen: Rohit Sharma, Joe Root, Lokesh Rahul
- All-Rounders: Moeen Ali, Sam Curran
- Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, James Anderson
- Captain: Joe Root
- Vice-Captain: Lokesh Rahul
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Rishabh Pant
- Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Dawid Malan, Joe Root, Lokesh Rahul
- All-Rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Moeen Ali
- Bowlers: James Anderson, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Ollie Edward Robinson
- Captain: Dawid Malan
- Vice-Captain: Ollie Edward Robinson
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.