AUS vs WI: Australia will lock horns against West Indies in the 1st T20I of the West Indies tour of Australia, 2022 on Wednesday, October 5, 2022, at Carrara Oval, Queensland.
Australia will be playing their final bilateral series against West Indies before the focus shifts to T20 World Cup 2022. They are heading into this series on the back of a series loss against India. However, with the return of the senior players like Mitchell Starc and David Warner, Australia will fancy their chances of winning this clash.
As for West Indies, they have had a tough time in the shortest format in recent times and must be looking to return to their old dominant form ahead of the World Cup. They will be without the services of the star batter Shimron Hetmyer. Shamarh Brook has been drafted in as his replacement.
Talking about their head-to-head record, the two teams faced each other 17 times in T20Is so far, out of which West Indies won 10 while Australia has seven wins under their belt. All in all, with some of the most talented T20 players taking out the swords against each other, a cracking game beckons in Queensland.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 1st T20I of the West Indies tour of Australia, 2022.
AUS vs WI Match Details
- Match: Australia vs West Indies, 1st T20I
- Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Time: 1:40 PM (IST) / 8:10 AM (GMT)
- Venue: Carrara Oval, Queensland
The surface at Queensland offers equal assistance to both the departments. Pacers will enjoy the early swing and they can outclass batters with the bounce available. The team that wins the toss will look to bowl first.
AUS vs WI Probable Playing XI
Australia Playing XI
Aaron Finch (C), David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Steve Smith/Tim David, Cameron Green, Matthew Wade (WK), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood.
West Indies Playing XI
Evin Lewis, Kyle Mayers, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran (C & WK), Rovman Powell, Jason Holder, Yannic Cariah, Odean Smith, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Sheldon Cottrell/Obed McCoy.
- Total matches played: 4
- Matches won batting first: 2
- Matches won bowling first: 1
- Average 1st Innings scores: 126
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 113
- Highest total recorded: 149/5 (20 Ov) by AUS-W vs IND-W
- Highest score chased : 119/6 (19.1 Ov) by AUS-W vs IND-W
- Lowest score defended: 108/6 (10 Ov) by SA vs AUS
Australia & West Indies Last 5 Matches Stats
AUS vs WI Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (T20I Career)|
|David Warner||2684 Runs|
|Mitchell Starc||63 Wickets|
|Jason Holder||45 Wickets & 314 Runs|
|Obed McCoy||35 Wickets|
|Rovman Powell||826 Runs|
|Cameron Green||120 Runs & 3 Wickets|
AUS vs WI Captaincy Picks
- Cameron Green
- David Warner
- Kyle Mayers
AUS vs WI Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Matthew Wade
- Batters: David Warner, Evin Lewis, Rovman Powell
- All-Rounders: Glenn Maxwell, Kyle Mayers, Cameron Green
- Bowlers: Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Obed McCoy
- Captain: Cameron Green
- Vice-Captain: Kyle Mayers
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran
- Batters: David Warner, Aaron Finch, Brandon King
- All-Rounders: Glenn Maxwell, Jason Holder, Cameron Green
- Bowlers: Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Alzarri Joseph, Obed McCoy
- Captain: David Warner
- Vice-Captain: Cameron Green
Probable Winner Of The Match
Australia is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.