SA vs IND: The series is currently leveled at 1-1, with each side having one win so far. India won the Centurion Test by 113 runs whereas South Africa won the Johannesburg Test by 7 wickets. The 3rd and final Test of the series are scheduled to be played at Cape Town.
Duanne Olivier’s addition was a boon for them as he wicket up some crucial wickets. The Proteas showed great technique against the top-quality Indian pace attack especially in the second innings, despite getting massive blows often on the body.
For Team India, there’s a lot at stake, this is the final frontier that they have yet to conquer, and they will hope to register a win at Cape Town, something they’ve not achieved so far.
South Africa, on the other hand, will aim to continue their excellent record in the purest format of the game in the home matches against India.
- Match: South Africa vs India, 3rd Test
- Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2021
- Time: 2:00 PM (IST) / 10:30 AM (Local Time) / 8:30 AM (GMT)
- Venue: Newlands, Cape Town
The surface at cape town offers help to pacers and they can extract extra bounce and pace off it. Facing the seamers on this track would be a difficult task. Both the captains would look to bat first after winning the toss.
Records Based on matches against South Africa
- Test matches played: 58
- Matches won by home team: 26
- Matches won by visiting team: 21
- Matches Drawn: 11
- Highest completed score: 651 (By South Africa against Australia)
- Lowest completed score: 35 (By South Africa against England)
Head-To-Head Record at Newlands
- Match Played: 5
- South Africa Won: 3
- India Won: 0
- Drawn: 2
South Africa & India Squads
South Africa Squads
Dean Elgar (C), Kyle Verreynne (WK), George Linde, Wiaan Mulder, Lungi Ngidi, Glenton Stuurman, Beuran Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Sarel Erwee, Duanne Olivier, Kagiso Rabada, Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, Ryan Rickelton, Prenelan Subrayen, Aiden Markram, Keshav Maharaj, Sisanda Magala, Keegan Petersen.
Virat Kohli (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Wriddhiman Saha, Shreyas Iyer, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Shardul Thakur, Hanuma Vihari, Jayant Yadav, Mayank Agarwal, Ajinkya Rahane, KL Rahul, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Siraj, Ravichandran Ashwin, Cheteshwar Pujara, Priyank Panchal.
SA vs IND Probable Playing XI
South Africa Playing XI
Dean Elgar (C), Kyle Verreynne (WK), Lungi Ngidi, Duanne Olivier, Marco Jansen, Keegan Petersen, Rassie van der Dussen, Kagiso Rabada, Aiden Markram, Keshav Maharaj, Temba Bavuma.
India Playing XI
Virat Kohli (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ajinkya Rahane, Mayank Agarwal, Umesh Yadav/Ishant Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Mohammad Shami, Shardul Thakur, Cheteshwar Pujara, Jasprit Bumrah.
Must Picks for SA vs IND
- Dean Elgar: The South African captain accumulated 77 runs in the second innings of the 1st Test and followed it by a match-winning 96 in the second innings of the 2nd Test. He will be the must pick batter from South Africa.
- Temba Bavuma: He is one of the most crucial players for the Proteas as he contributed heavily in both the Tests and is im good form. He will be looking for another masterclass in the final Test.
- KL Rahul: He scored a magnificent 123 in the first innings of the first Test and followed it by a half-century in the second Test. He will be looking to extend his good run in the series.
- Mayank Agarwal: The opening batter of India accumulated 113 runs in the two games, and looked good with the bat. Once again, he will be looking to score big in the final Test.
Average Innings Score
- Average 1st innings score – 328 runs
- Average 2nd innings score – 296 runs
- Average 3rd innings score – 235 runs
- Average 4th innings score – 161 runs
South Africa & India Last 5 Matches Stats
SA vs IND Dream11 Expert Picks
|Marco Jansen||286 Points|
|Shardul Thakur||261 Points|
|Lokesh Rahul||257 Points|
|Dean Elgar||252 Points|
|Ajinkya Rahane||174 Points|
SA vs IND Player Record/Stats (Top 5)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Marco Jansen||12 Wickets & 53 Runs|
|Shardul Thakur||10 Wickets & 42 Runs|
|Lokesh Rahul||204 Runs|
|Dean Elgar||202 Runs|
|Ajinkya Rahane||126 Runs|
SA vs IND Captaincy Picks For Fantasy Team
- Lokesh Rahul
- Dean Elgar
- Shardul Thakur
SA vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Rishabh Pant
- Batsmen: Ajinkya Rahane, Dean Elgar, Temba Bavuma, Lokesh Rahul
- All-Rounders: Ravichandran Ashwin, Marco Jansen
- Bowlers: Mohammad Shami, Kagiso Rabada, Shardul Thakur, Duanne Olivier
- Captain: Lokesh Rahul
- Vice-Captain: Dean Elgar
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Kyle Verreynne
- Batsmen: Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Keegan Petersen, Mayank Agarwal, Aiden Markram
- All-Rounders: Marco Jansen
- Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah, Kagiso Rabada, Shardul Thakur, Lungi Ngidi
- Captain: Marco Jansen
- Vice-Captain: Shardul Thakur
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.