SA vs IND: After an exciting Test series, India and South Africa will lock horns against each other in the 3-match ODI series. The series begins from the 19th of January with its first match being scheduled at Boland Park, Paarl.
South Africa, must be high on confidence after their brilliant performance in the longest format of the game. Players like Rassie van der Dussen, Marco Jansen, and Kagiso Rabada were exceptional during the Tests. However, Kagiso Rabada won’t be playing ODIs since he has been rested.
India, on the other hand, will be playing under their new captain KL Rahul, who will lead the team in Rohit Sharma’s absence while Virat Kohli will be playing the first white-ball match following his snub as a skipper.
Also, many youngsters like Ruturaj Gaikwad and Venkatesh Iyer might get an opportunity to showcase their skills. We can expect a thrilling encounter between these two teams on Wednesday.
- Match: South Africa vs India, 1st ODI
- Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2021
- Time: 2:00 PM (IST) / 11:30 AM (Local Time)
- Venue: Boland Park, Paarl
The pitch at the Boland Park in Paarl looks like a batting-friendly track and thus the batters from both sides will be looking to hit some runs. As the game progresses, it is expected to become slower and start assisting the spinners as well.
South Africa & India Squads
South Africa Squads
Temba Bavuma (C), Quinton de Kock (WK), Andile Phehlukwayo, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Kyle Verreynne, Sisanda Magala, Zubayr Hamza, Wayne Parnell, Aiden Markram, Janneman Malan, Rassie van der Dussen, Dwaine Pretorius, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, David Miller.
KL Rahul (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Shikhar Dhawan, Jayant Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Yuzvendra Chahal, Deepak Chahar, Shreyas Iyer, Ravichandran Ashwin, Navdeep Saini, Virat Kohli, Shardul Thakur, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Venkatesh Iyer, Mohammed Siraj, Jasprit Bumrah, Suryakumar Yadav, Prasidh Krishna, Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
SA vs IND Probable Playing XI
South Africa Playing XI
Temba Bavuma (C), Quinton de Kock (WK), Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Aiden Markram, Tabraiz Shamsi, Marco Jansen, David Miller, Rassie van der Dussen, Andile Phehlukwayo.
India Playing XI
KL Rahul (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Virat Kohli, Ravichandran Ashwin, Venkatesh Iyer, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shreyas Iyer, Jasprit Bumrah, Shardul Thakur, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
Must Picks for SA vs IND
- Rassie van der Dussen: He is the crucial player from the South Africa team. The right-handed batter has accumulated 1049 runs from 23 innings at an average of 65.56 so far in his ODI career.
- Quinton de Kock: He opens the innings for South Africa in the limited-overs format and has smacked 5355 runs at an average of 45.38 so far. He is yet another great pick for your fantasy team.
- KL Rahul: The captain of Indian team has smacked 1509 runs in his 38 matches ODI career so far. He used to bat at number 5 earlier but in this series, he is expected to open the inning for team India. Given his records and form, he will be a hot pick for your fantasy team.
- Jasprit Bumrah: The star pacer of Indian team is expected to lead the bowling attack of his side. He has picked up 108 wickets in his 67 matches ODI career so far.
Average 1st Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches played is 246 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 2
- Matches Lost: 3
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
South Africa & India Last 5 Matches Stats
SA vs IND Player Record/Stats (Top 5)
|Player||Stats (ODI Career)|
|KL Rahul||1509 Runs|
|Virat Kohli||12169 Runs|
|Jasprit Bumrah||108 Wickets|
|Rassie van der Dussen||1049 Runs|
|Quinton de Kock||5355 Runs|
SA vs IND Captaincy Picks For Fantasy Team
- KL Rahul
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Quinton de Kock
SA vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Quinton de Kock
- Batsmen: Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Rassie van der Dussen
- All-Rounders: Ravichandran Ashwin, Andile Phehlukwayo, Marco Jansen
- Bowlers: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi
- Captain: KL Rahul
- Vice-Captain: Quinton de Kock
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Rishabh Pant, Quinton de Kock
- Batsmen: Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Aiden Markram, Temba Bavuma
- All-Rounders: Andile Phehlukwayo, Venkatesh Iyer
- Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Tabraiz Shamsi
- Captain: Shikhar Dhawan
- Vice-Captain: Aiden Markram
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.