Australia beat the Netherlands by 309 runs on Monday (Oct 5) at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi to register their third consecutive victory in the ongoing ICC World Cup 2023. This marks the biggest margin of victory in the history of the World Cup.
Australia outdid themselves, eclipsing their own 2015 World Cup record of a 275-run victory against Afghanistan. India follows in third place, having clinched a 257-run win over Bermuda in the 2007 World Cup.
Biggest Wins in World Cup History
- Australia by 309 runs vs Netherlands, 2023
- Australia by 275 runs vs Afghanistan, 2015
- India by 257 runs vs Bermuda, 2007
- South Africa by 257 runs vs West Indies, 2015
- Australia by 256 runs vs Namibia, 2003
Australia’s campaign in the tournament got off to a disappointing start with back-to-back losses to India and South Africa, by six wickets and 134 runs, respectively. However, they rebounded strongly, securing three consecutive victories against Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and now the Netherlands.