NZ vs IND: New Zealand will lock horns against India in the 1st ODI of the India tour of New Zealand, 2022 on Friday, November 25, 2022, at Eden Park, Auckland.
After claiming the T20I series by 1-0 against New Zealand, team India will lock horns with the Black Caps in the three-match ODI series.
Shikhar Dhawan will lead the ODI team, which will see a few young faces in the side. However, it will be intriguing to see if India gives chances to players like Sanju Samson, and Umran Malik.
For New Zealand, Tom Latham, Michael Bracewell and Matt Henry will be back with Kane Williamson leading the hosts. Fin Allen’s form will be a cause of concern for the Kiwis.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 1st ODI of the India tour of New Zealand, 2022.
NZ vs IND Match Details
- Match: New Zealand vs India, 1st ODI
- Date: Friday, November 25, 2022
- Time: 7:00 AM (IST) | 1:30 AM (GMT) | 2:30 PM (Local)
- Venue: Eden Park, Auckland
Eden Park, Auckland Pitch Report For IND vs NZ 1st ODI
A balanced track awaits the two sides with ample help on offer for the pacers at Auckland. The batters will be wary of the powerplay phase and will look to bide their time in the middle. Spinners will be the key in the middle phase of the game. The team bowling first has won the majority of the games and hence whoever wins the toss will look to bowl first.
NZ vs IND Pitch Stats For 1st ODI
- Total matches played: 79
- Matches won batting first: 30
- Matches won bowling first: 44
- Average 1st Innings scores: 220
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 195
- Highest total recorded: 340/5 (48.4 Ov) by NZ vs AUS
- Lowest total recorded: 73/10 (26.3 Ov) by NZ vs SL
- Highest score chased: 340/5 (48.4 Ov) by NZ vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 153/10 (39.5 Ov) by NZ vs ENG
NZ vs IND Probable Playing XI for 1st ODI
New Zealand Playing XI
Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson (C), Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham (WK), Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson.
India Playing XI
Shikhar Dhawan (C), Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (WK), Deepak Hooda, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal.
New Zealand & India’s Last 5 Matches Stats
Top 5 Picks for India vs New Zealand Dream11 Team – 1st ODI
1. Suryakumar Yadav: The Mumbai batter will look to emulate his T20I form into ODIs. He has played 13 ODI matches so far, in which he has amassed 340 runs at an average of 34.
2. Devon Conway: The Kiwi batter has been in good form in ODIs. He has played 9 ODIs so far, in which he has accumulated 363 runs at an average of 40.33.
3. Shardul Thakur: The star Mumbai batter has been a vital cog for the Men in Blue in the 50-Overs format. He played 27 ODIs so far, in which he has accumulated 257 runs while picking 39 wickets.
4. Kane Williamson: The New Zealand captain has a good record in ODIs. He has played 155 ODIs, where he amassed 6296 runs at an average of 46.98.
5. Arshdeep Singh: After making his name in the shortest format of the game, the 23-year old star pacer will be making his debut in the 50-Overs format. He will be eager to replicate his T20 success in ODIs.
NZ vs IND Player Record/Stats (Must Picks) for 1st ODI between India vs New Zealand
|Player||Stats (ODI Career)|
|Shikhar Dhawan||6672 Runs|
|Mitchell Santner||86 Wickets & 1057 Runs|
|Kane Williamson||6297 Runs & 37 Wickets|
|Tim Southee||199 Wickets & 707 Runs|
|Shreyas Iyer||1299 Runs|
|Suryakumar Yadav||340 Runs|
NZ vs IND Captaincy Picks
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Glenn Phillips
NZ vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Devon Conway
- Batters: Shikhar Dhawan, Kane Williamson, Suryakumar Yadav, Glenn Phillips
- All-Rounders: Shardul Thakur, Mitchell Santner
- Bowlers: Tim Southee, Deepak Chahar, Yuzvenra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh
- Captain: Suryakumar Yadav
- Vice-Captain: Kane Williamson
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Devon Conway
- Batters: Shikhar Dhawan, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Glenn Phillips
- All-Rounders: deepak Hooda, Shardul Thakur, Mitchell Santner
- Bowlers: Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Arshdeep Singh
- Captain: Shikhar Dhawan
- Vice-Captain: Glenn Phillips
NZ vs IND Match Prediction – Who Will Win the Match?
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.