Skipper Rohit Sharma, who missed the fifth Test in Birmingham after contracting COVID-19, is all set to make a comeback for the white-ball series against the Three Lions.
Some big names like Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer and Ravindra Jadeja will not be a part of the first T20I but will return for the remainder of the series.
In their absence, the onus will be on players like Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson, Deepak Hooda, Umran Malik, and Bhuvneshwar Kumar to put up a good performance against the high-flying English side.
The hosts will be led by their new captain Jos Butler and will be looking to dethrone the Men in Blue from the top position in ICC T20 Rankings. Star batter Jonny Bairstow and all-rounder Ben Stokes have been rested for the series. With the two best T20 sides locking horns with each other, we are in for a cracking T20 game on Thursday at Southampton.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 1st T20I of the India tour of England, 2022.
ENG vs IND Match Details
- Match: England vs India, 1st T20I
- Date: Thursday, July 7, 2022
- Time: 10:30 PM (IST)
- Venue: The Rose Bowl, Southampton
The Rose Bowl’s track is well-balanced and favourable to batters as we have seen in the English T20 Blast matches recently. The pacers could get some movement with the new ball. Spinners will also come into the picture as the game progresses, especially in the second inning. Batting second is a good idea on this track.
ENG vs IND Probable Playing XI
England Playing XI
Jason Roy, Phillip Salt, Dawid Malan, Jos Buttler (C & WK), Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, David Willey, Chris Jordan, Tymal Mills, Matthew Parkinson, Reece Topley.
India Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (C), Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson (WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Harshal Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Avesh Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches is 157 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 3
- Matches Lost: 2
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
ENG vs IND Pitch Stats
- Total matches 9
- Matches won batting first: 5
- Matches won bowling first: 4
- Average 1st Inns scores: 168
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 143
- The highest total recorded: 248/6 (20 Overs) by AUS vs ENG
- The lowest total recorded: 79/10 (14.3 Overs) by AUS vs ENG
- The highest score chased: 158/4 (18.5 Overs) by ENG vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 162/7 (20 Overs) by ENG vs AUS
ENG vs IND Head-To-Head
- Matches Played – 19
- India Won – 10
- England Won – 9
England & India Last 5 Matches Stats
ENG vs IND Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (T20I Career)|
|Jos Buttler||2140 Runs|
|Liam Livingstone||20 Wickets & 285 Runs|
|Rohit Sharma||3313 Runs|
|Hardik Pandya||43 Wickets & 707 Runs|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar||66 Wickets|
ENG vs IND Captaincy Picks
- Jos Buttler
- Liam Livingstone
- Deepak Hooda
ENG vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson
- Batters: Jason Roy, Deepak Hooda, Liam Livingstone, Ishan Kishan
- All-Rounders: Moeen Ali, Hardik Pandya
- Bowlers: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harshal Patel, Chris Jordan
- Captain: Jos Buttler
- Vice-Captain: Deepak Hooda
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Dinesh Karthik, Jos Buttler
- Batters: Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Dawid Malan, Liam Livingstone
- All-Rounders: Hardik Pandya
- Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Avesh Khan, David Willey
- Captain: Liam Livingstone
- Vice-Captain: Hardik Pandya
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.