The 4th Test match between England and India will start from 2nd September at the Kennington Oval, London.
England will be high on confidence after registering such a massive win against India in the Third Test at Headingley. Joe Root and co. completely thrashed the visitors to claim a morale-boosting inning and 76 runs victory at Leeds. It was complete dominance by the hosts in the third Test and they will be looking to carry on this momentum in their upcoming Test.
India, on the other hand, would be looking to make a huge comeback in the Oval Test. Also, it is yet to be seen if India will be sticking to their old template or will bring any change into it to accommodate R Ashwin in the playing XI. They will be expecting more from their middle order, which has not been in form ever since they set foot in the UK. Overall, it will be an interesting clash to witness for the next five days.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 4th TEST of the India Tour of England, 2021 between India and England.
- Match: England vs India, 4th TEST
- Date: Thursday, September 2, 2021
- Time: 3:30 PM (IST)
- Venue: Kennington Oval, London
The Kennington Oval in London will provide good assistance to the batters for the first 3 days of the match. Seamers will enjoy equal help as well. The last couple of days will be dominated by the spinners. It will be difficult to bat in the 4th innings here. Both sides will look to bat first after winning the toss.
ENG vs IND Probable Playing XI
England Probable Playing XI
Joe Root (C), Jonny Bairstow (WK), Haseeb Hameed, Rory Burns, Sam Curran, Moeen Ali, Craig Overton / Mark Wood, Ollie Edward Robinson, James Anderson, Dawid Malan, Chris Woakes.
India Playing XI
Virat Kohli (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Mohammed Shami, Ravindra Jadeja, Ajinkya Rahane / Hanuma Vihari, Jasprit Bumrah, Ravichandran Ashwin, Lokesh Rahul, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Mohammed Siraj.
England & India Squads
Joe Root (C), Jos Buttler (WK), Rory Burns, Dawid Malan, Daniel Lawrence, Sam Curran, Ollie Robinson, Ollie Pope, Haseeb Hameed, Craig Overton, Moeen Ali, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes, James Anderson.
Virat Kohli (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Prasidh Krishna, Prithvi Shaw, Ravichandran Ashwin, Cheteshwar Pujara, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Wriddhiman Saha, Jasprit Bumrah, Mayank Agarwal, Suryakumar Yadav, Rohit Sharma, Hanuma Vihari, KL Rahul, Ajinkya Rahane, Umesh Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Ishant Sharma.
ENG vs IND Last 5 Matches Stats
ENG vs IND Head-to-head
Average First Innings Score
358 Runs (Last 5 TEST matches played at this venue)
Record of Chasing Team
Stats based on the last 5 matches played at this venue.
- Matches Won: 1
- Matches Lost: 4
- No Result/Abandoned: 0
Top Picks For ENG vs IND 4th TEST
- Joe Root: The England captain has been in splendid form in this series so far, and has accumulated 507 runs. He will be looking to continue his excellent run of form in this match as well. Now he moved to the top spot in the ICC Test batsman rankings.
- Ollie Robinson: He was adjudged player of the match in the 3rd Test at Headingley for his impressive figures of 7/81 in a match. He is currently the leading wicket-taker in this series with 16 wickets to his name at an average of 19.06.
- Rohit Sharma: Seems, the Indian opener has got the skills to deal the English conditions. He is getting better against the moving ball with each match passing. He has so far scored 230 runs in this series at an average of 46, including 2 half-centuries.
- Jasprit Bumrah: The fast bowler has grabbed 14 wickets so far in this series and will be looking to make it big in the upcoming match. He is the best option among pacers to have in your fantasy team.
ENG vs IND Dream11 Expert Picks
|Joe Root||657 Points|
|KL Rahul||320 Points|
|Jasprit Bumrah||375 Points|
ENG vs IND Player Record/Stats (Top 5 Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Joe Root||507 Runs|
|KL Rahul||252 Runs|
|Rohit Sharma||230 Runs|
|Ollie Robinson||16 Wickets & 30 Runs|
|Jasprit Bumrah||14 Wickets & 63 Runs|
ENG vs IND Captaincy Picks
- Rohit Sharma
- Joe Root
- Lokesh Rahul
ENG vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Jonny Bairstow
- Batsmen: Rohit Sharma, Joe Root, Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli
- All-Rounders: Moeen Ali, Ravindra Jadeja
- Bowlers: Jasprit Bumrah, Ollie Robinson, Mohammed Siraj, James Anderson
- Captain: Joe Root
- Vice-Captain: Lokesh Rahul
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Jonny Bairstow
- Batsmen: Haseeb Hameed, Joe Root, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rohit Sharma
- All-Rounders: Moeen Ali
- Bowlers: Ollie Robinson, James Anderson, Mohammed Siraj, Jasprit Bumrah
- Captain: Dawid Malan
- Vice-Captain: Ollie Edward Robinson
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.