The 1st TEST of 5 match series between India & England will be played at the Trent Bridge, Nottingham on Wednesday, August 04, 2021.
The second edition of the WTC starts with this match, scheduled to be played in Nottingham. Earlier, India did well in the first edition of the World Test Championship, however failed to lift the WTC mace in the final as Kane Williamson-led New Zealand smashed Kohli and boys by 8 wickets.
Before that, India defeated England by a convincing margin of 3-1 in the 4-match Test series in India during the February-March tour.
England, on the other hand, lost their last Test series at home to New Zealand by a 0-1 margin. Their only success in the longest format of the game came against Sri Lanka this year where they thrashed down the Lankans 2-0 in the series.
Talking about the match, India has injury concerns heading into this series, with opener Mayank Agarwal already ruled out of the 1st Test due to concussion.
England, on the other hand, will be without the service of Ben Stokes as he took a break from international cricket to prioritize his mental health.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for 1st TEST of the India Tour of England, 2021 between India and England.
- Match: England vs India, 1st TEST
- Date: Wednesday, August 04, 2021
- Time: 3:30 PM (IST)
- Venue: Trent Bridge, Nottingham
The Trent Bridge provides a neutral wicket where both batters and bowlers are expected to receive a decent amount of help from the surface. It’s going to be a real challenge for the batters to face the swing and seam in the initial stages. However, later the surface is expected to become flat. Out of the last 15 Test matches played here, only 2 have ended in a drawn.
ENG vs IND Probable Playing XI
England Probable Playing XI
Dominic Sibley, Rory Burns, Zak Crawley, Joe Root (c), Ollie Pope/Sam Curran, Daniel Lawrence, Jos Buttler (wk), Jack Leach, Stuart Broad, James Anderson and Mark Wood
India Playing XI
Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Chesteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah
England & India Squads
Joe Root (c), Rory Burns, Dominic Sibley, Jos Buttler, Mark Wood, Sam Curran, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Dominic Bess, Stuart Broad, Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Craig Overton
Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Suryakumar Yadav, Prithvi Shaw, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Hanuma Vihari, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Rishabh Pant, KL RahulWriddhiman Saha, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Umesh Yadav
ENG vs IND Last 5 Matches Stats
ENG vs IND Head-to-head
Average First Innings Score
279 Runs (Last 5 TEST matches played at this venue)
Record of Chasing Team
Stats based on the last 5 matches played at this venue.
- Matches Won: 2
- Matches Lost: 3
- No Result/Abandoned: 0
Top Picks For ENG vs IND 1st TEST
1. Joe Root: The right-handed batsman and right-arm off-break bowler from England has accumulated 8714 runs and also picked 38 wickets in his 105 matches Test career so far. He will be one of the best picks among batsmen.
2. James Anderson: He is one of the key bowlers from England and is currently 83 wickets away from his 700 wickets feat in the longest format of the game. He will be one of the best picks among bowlers.
1. Virat Kohli: The right-handed batsman from India has accumulated 7547 runs in his 92 Test matches so far. He needs to step up and contribute to his side with the bat.
2. Rohit Sharma: The right-handed batsman from India opens the innings for them and is capable of giving a good start to the team. He has assamed 2679 runs in his 29 matches Test career so far.
ENG vs IND Dream11 Expert Picks
ENG vs IND Player Record/Stats (Top 5 Picks)
|Player||Stats (TEST Carrer)|
|Joe Root||8714 Runs & 38 Wickets|
|Virat Kohli||7547 Runs|
|Mohammed Shami||184 Wickets & 515 Runs|
|James Anderson||617 Wickets & 1245 Runs|
|Sam Curran||741 Runs & 44 Wickets|
ENG vs IND Captaincy Picks
- Virat Kohli
- Joe Root
- Lokesh Rahul
ENG vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler, Rishabh Pant
- Batsmen: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Lokesh Rahul
- All-Rounders: Ravichandran Ashwin, Sam Curran
- Bowlers: James Anderson, Mohammed Shami, Mark Wood
- Captain: Virat Kohli
- Vice-Captain: Sam Curran
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Jonny Bairstow, Rishabh Pant
- Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Lokesh Rahul, Rory Burns
- All-Rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran
- Bowlers: Stuart Broad, Mohammed Shami, Jack Leach
- Captain: Joe Root
- Vice-Captain: Lokesh Rahul
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.