AUS vs ENG: Australia will lock horns against England in the 2nd T20I of the England tour of Australia, 2022 on Wednesday, October 12, 2022, at Manuka Oval, Canberra.
England have already taken a 1-0 lead in the three-match T20I series by winning the series opener by eight runs. They will look to win the second game and claim an unassailable lead in the series.
Talking about the first T20I, Jos Buttler made a stellar comeback and whacked a belligerent half-century to provide a bright start. Alex Hales was ruthless with the bat as he clobbered 84 runs off just 51 balls and added 132 runs opening a partnership alongside skipper Buttler.
England finished with a mammoth total of 208 runs with the loss of six wickets in the stipulated 20 overs. In reply, Australia fell just eight runs short of the target despite David Warner hitting a quickfire half-century.
The likes of Glenn Maxwell, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, and Josh Hazlewood will return to the team after being rested for the opening T20I. For England, they are expected to remain unchanged.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd T20I of the England tour of Australia, 2022.
AUS vs ENG Match Details
- Match: Australia vs England, 2nd T20I
- Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Time: 1:40 PM (IST) / 8:00 AM (GMT)
- Venue: Manuka Oval, Canberra
The surface at Canberra assists the fast bowlers big time. Spinners will come handy in the middle overs. The team winning the toss will look to bowl first. Anything around 170-190 will be the par total here.
AUS vs ENG Probable Playing XI
Australia Playing XI
Aaron Finch (C), Matthew Wade (WK), David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Tim David/Steven Smith, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa and Mitchell Starc.
England Playing XI
Jos Buttler (C & WK), Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes and Reece Topley.
- Total matches played: 15
- Matches won batting first: 7
- Matches won bowling first: 6
- Average 1st Innings scores: 148
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 121
- Highest total recorded: 195/3 (20 Ov) by SA-W vs TH-W
- Lowest total recorded: 82/10 (19.1 Ov) by TH-W vs SA-W
- Highest score chased : 151/3 (18.3 Ov) by AUS vs PAK
- Lowest score defended: 144/10 (19.5 Ov) by ENG-W vs AUS-W
Australia & England’s Last 5 Matches Stats
AUS vs ENG Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Alex Hales||84 Runs|
|David Warner||73 Runs|
|Jos Buttler||68 Runs|
|Mark Wood||3 Wickets|
|Nathan Ellis||3 Wickets|
|Sam Curran||2 Wickets|
AUS vs ENG Captaincy Picks
- Jos Buttler
- David Warner
- Alex Hales
AUS vs ENG Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler
- Batters: David Warner, Aaron Finch, Alex Hales, Dawid Malan
- All-Rounders: Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Sam Curran
- Bowlers: Josh Hazlewood, Mark Wood, Nathan Ellis
- Captain: Jos Buttler
- Vice-Captain: David Warner
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler
- Batters: David Warner, Aaron Finch, Alex Hales
- All-Rounders: Glenn Maxwell, Ben Stokes, Marcus Stoinis
- Bowlers: Josh Hazlewood, Reece Topley, Mark Wood, Nathan Ellis
- Captain: David Warner
- Vice-Captain: Alex Hales
Probable Winner Of The Match
Australia is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.