ZIM vs BAN: Zimbabwe will lock horns against Bangladesh in the 2nd ODI of the Bangladesh tour of Zimbabwe, 2022 on Sunday, August 7, 2022, at Harare Sports Club, Harare.
Zimbabwe outclassed Bangladesh in the first ODI to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series. Sikandar Raza and Innocent Kaia were the chief architects of the host’s emphatic victory as the duo whacked the Bangla bowlers all over the park to slash centuries and guide their side to an easy victory.
Batting first, Bangladesh posted 303 runs with a loss of two wickets. Liton Das top scored with 81 runs off 89 balls, Anamul Haque (73 of 62 balls), Tamim Iqbal (62 of 88 balls), and Mushfiqur Rahim (52 of 49 balls) were other major contributors with the bat.
Chasing the mammoth target of 304, Zimbabwe were in all sort of trouble as they lost three early wickets at the score of 62, but experienced batter Sikandar Raza scored 135 runs off 109 balls and delivered a match-winning partnership with Innocent Kaia to take their side over the finish line.
Heading into the second ODI, while the host nation will look to keep their winning momentum intact and win the second game to take an unassailable lead, Bangladesh will be aiming to bounce back stronger and level the series 1-1.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd ODI of the Bangladesh tour of Zimbabwe, 2022.
ZIM vs BAN Match Details
- Match: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh, 2nd ODI
- Date: Sunday, August 7, 2022
- Time: 12:45 PM (IST)
- Venue: Harare Sports Club, Harare
ZIM vs BAN Probable Playing XI
Zimbabwe Playing XI
Regis Chakabva (C & WK), Victor Nyauchi, Innocent Kaia, Milton Shumba, Wesley Madhevere, Richard Ngarava, Sikandar Raza, Ryan Burl, Wellington Masakadza, Tarisai Musakanda, Luke Jongwe.
Bangladesh Playing XI
Tamim Iqbal (C), Anamul Haque (WK), Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hasan, Shoriful Islam, Taskin Ahmed, Mahmudullah, Mustafizur Rahman, Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain, Najmul Hossain Shanto.
The surface at Harare Sports Club is suitable for batting. While some early swing will aid the bowlers, batters will look to spend some time in the middle before going big. Both the captains will prefer chasing at this venue.
- Total matches: 163
- Matches won batting first: 77
- Matches won bowling first: 83
- Average 1st Inns scores: 230
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 194
- Highest total recorded : 350/6 (50 Ov) by AUS vs ZIM
- Lowest total recorded: 35/10 (18 Ov) by ZIM vs SL
- Highest score chased: 328/3 (46.4 Ov) by RSA vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 129/10 (32.4 Ov) by ZIM vs AFG
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches is 248 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 4
- Matches Lost: 1
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
Zimbabwe & Bangladesh Last 5 Matches Stats
ZIM vs BAN Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Series)|
|Sikandar Raza||135 Runs & 1 Wicket|
|Innocent Kaia||110 Runs|
|Tamim Iqbal||62 Runs|
|Mushfiqur Rahim||52 Runs|
ZIM vs BAN Captaincy Picks
- Sikandar Raza
- Mushfiqur Rahim
- Innocent Kaia
ZIM vs BAN Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Mushfiqur Rahim
- Batters: Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Innocent Kaia
- All-Rounders: Sikandar Raza, Wellington Masakadza, Mehidy Hasan Mirza
- Bowlers: Mustafizur Rahman, Luke Jongwe, Shoriful Islam
- Captain: Sikandar Raza
- Vice-Captain: Tamim Iqbal
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Mushfiqur Rahim
- Batters: Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque, Afif Hossain, Innocent Kaia
- All-Rounders: Sikandar Raza, Mosadek Hossain, Wellington Masakadza
- Bowlers: Mustafizur Rahman, Luke Jongwe, Victor Nyauchi
- Captain: Tamim Iqbal
- Vice-Captain: Innocent Kaia
Probable Winner Of The Match
Zimbabwe is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.