Bangladesh has completely outplayed Zimbabwe in the longer formats of the game as after winning the only Test match of the tour, the visitors clinched the ODI series comprehensively with a clean sweep 3-0.
Going into the shortest format of the games, Bangladesh will be without the services of Tamim Iqbal, who is ruled out because of a knee injury. Skipper Mahmudullah and Shakib Al Hasan will be the key players for them.
Zimbabwe, on the other hand will be without the services of their three key players, namely Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor and Sean Williams. The absence of their experienced players will be a massive setback for the hosts. All eyes will be on stand-in-skipper Sikander Raja, who will have an uphill task at hand.
The hosts need to regroup and produce some stunning performances if they want to end the series on a high note. However, it won’t be easy considering that the hosts have lost ten out of their last eleven T20I matches.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for 1st T20I of the Bangladesh Tour of Zimbabwe, 2021 between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
- Match: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh, 1st T20I
- Date: Thursday, July 22, 2021
- Time: 4:00 PM (IST)
- Venue: Harare Sports Club, Harare
- Live Streaming: Fancode
Out of the 24 matches played here in Harare Sports Club, the team batting first have won 16 matches which clearly shows the surface will get slower as the game progresses. Batting first is a preferable option on this wicket. Anything around 150 to 160 will be competitive total at this venue.
ZIM vs BAN Probable Playing XI
Zimbabwe Probable Playing XI
Sikandar Raza (c), Regis Chakabva (wk), Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Tarisai Musakanda, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara, Wesley Madhevere, Donald Tiripano, Dion Myers, Tadiwanashe Marumani.
Bangladesh Playing XI
Mahmudullah (c), Liton Das (wk), Taskin Ahmed, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mohammad Naim, Mustafizur Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Shoriful Islam, Mahedi Hasan, Nurul Hasan, Afif Hossain.
Zimbabwe & Bangladesh Squads
Brendan Taylor (C & WK), Richard Ngarava, Blessing Muzarabani, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Wesley Madhevere, Dion Myers, Ryan Burl, Milton Shumba, Tendai Chatara, Donald Tiripano, Regis Chakabva, Luke Jongwe, Sikandar Raza, Timycen Maruma, Wellington Masakadza.
Tamim Iqbal (C), Liton Das (WK), Nurul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Mohammad Mithun, Mustafizur Rahman, Mahmudullah, Mohammad Naim, Mehidy Hasan, Taskin Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Afif Hossain, Shoriful Islam, Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Taijul Islam.
Top Picks For ZIM vs BAN 1st T20I
1. Sikandar Raza: He had a brilliant time in the recent concluded ODIs against Bangladesh, scoring 30 and 57. He would be looking to take those numbers as high as he can in T20s. In 9 T20I played against Bangladesh, he has accumulated only 91 runs at an average of 10.11.
2. Ryan Burl: He will be the key batsman for Zimbabwe and will play the role of a finisher in the team. He smashed 59 off 43 balls in the third ODI against Bangladesh. Also, back in 2019, he smashed unbeaten 57 off 32 balls in T20s against Bangladesh.
1. Shakib Al Hasan: He had a brilliant time in the recently concluded ODI series as he finished the third most run-getter in the series and highest wicket-taker with 8 wickets under his belt. He is one of the best picks among all-rounders.
2. Liton Das: It seems Zimbabwe is his favourite opposition, as he enjoys posting records against them. He smashed 193 runs in five T20Is at an average of 48.25 and SR of 146.21 against Zimbabwe back in 2020.
ZIM vs BAN Captaincy Picks
- Shakib Al Hasan
- M Saifuddin
ZIM vs BAN Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Regis Chakabva, Liton Das
- Batsmen: T Musakanda, W Madhvere, M Naim Sheikh
- All-Rounders: Mahmudullah, Shakib Al Hasan, S Raza
- Bowlers: M Rahman, L Jongwe, M Saifuddin
- Captain: Shakib Al Hasan
- Vice-Captain: M Saifuddin
Probable Winner Of The Match
Bangladesh is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.