WI vs NZ: West Indies will lock horns against New Zealand in the 1st T20I of the New Zealand tour of West Indies, 2022 on Thursday, August 11, 2022, at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica.
New Zealand finished off their month-long Europe tour with 11 wins from as many white-ball fixtures against Ireland, Scotland, and The Netherlands. Mitchell Santander was given the captaincy duties in the absence of the senior key players.
However, for the West Indies tour, all the senior players have returned to the side, including skipper Kane Williamson. The likes of Devon Conway, Trent Boult and Tim Southee have also made a comeback to the team after being rested for more than a month.
West Indies, on the other hand, will be looking for a change of fortune after their humiliating outing against Men in Blue. Obed McCoy, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran, Kyle Mayers, and Shimron Hetmyer will be the players to look out for the Caribbean side.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 1st T20I of the New Zealand tour of West Indies, 2022.
WI vs NZ Match Details
- Match: West Indies vs New Zealand, 1st T20I
- Date: Thursday, August 11, 2022
- Time: 12:00 AM (IST)
- Venue: Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
WI vs NZ Probable Playing XI
West Indies Playing XI
Nicholas Pooran (C), Devon Thomas (WK), Kyle Mayers, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Obed McCoy, Dominic Drakes, Brandon King, Alzarri Joseph, Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell.
New Zealand Playing XI
Kane Williamson (C), Tom Latham (WK), Tim Southee, Martin Guptill, Devon Conway, Trent Boult, Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Daryl Mitchell, Mitchell Santner.
The pitch will assist both departments equally. The quick bowlers are expected to get fine purchases with the new ball. Batters will look to utilize the power play field restrictions. Both the teams will look to chase after winning the toss.
- Total matches: 3
- Matches won batting first: 1
- Matches won bowling first: 2
- Average 1st Inns scores: 134
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 132
- Highest total recorded : 194/1 (18.3 Ov) by WI vs IND
- Highest score chased: 194/1 (18.3 Ov) by WI vs IND
- Lowest score defended: 96/9 (20 Ov) by WI vs IRE
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches is 134 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 4
- Matches Lost: 1
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
West Indies & New Zealand Last 5 Matches Stats
WI vs NZ Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (T20I Career)|
|Kane Williamson||2021 Runs|
|Tim Southee||111 Wickets|
|Nicholas Pooran||1382 Runs|
|Jason Holder||44 Wickets & 278 Runs|
|Martin Guptill||3446 Runs|
WI vs NZ Captaincy Picks
- Kyle Mayers
- Michael Bracewell
- Martin Guptill
WI vs NZ Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran, Finn Allen
- Batters: Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Devon Conway, Kyle Mayers
- All-Rounders: Jason Holder, Michael Bracewell
- Bowlers: Trent Boult, Akeal Hosein, Obed McCoy
- Captain: Michael Bracewell
- Vice-Captain: Kyle Mayers
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran
- Batters: Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Devon Conway, Shimron Hetmyer
- All-Rounders: Jason Holder, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell
- Bowlers: Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Alzarri Joseph
- Captain: Martin Guptill
- Vice-Captain: Jason Holder
Probable Winner Of The Match
New Zealand is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.