SL vs AUS: Sri Lanka will lock horns against Australia in the 2nd Test of the Australia tour of Sri Lanka, 2022 on Friday, July 8, 2022, at Galle International Stadium, Galle.
Australia outplayed Sri Lanka in all three departments in the opening Test to hand the host a defeat by 10 wickets. Sri Lanka, meanwhile suffered a huge blow ahead of the second Test as their star players, namely Dananjaya de Silva, Asitha Fernando, and Jeffrey Vandersay have ruled out of this match after testing positive for the Covid-19 virus.
Australia, on the other hand, delivered a clinical performance against the Island nation to thrash them and take a 1-0 lead in the series. Spin trio of Nathon Lyon, Travis Head, and Mitchell Swepson took 18 out of 20 wickets in the first match and they will be the key for the second Test as well. All in all, the Lankan players need to put up their A-game to level the series while the mighty Australians will be eyeing a clean sweep.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd Test of the Australia tour of Sri Lanka, 2022.
SL vs AUS Match Details
- Match: Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd Test
- Date: Friday, July 8, 2022
- Time: 10:00 AM (IST)
- Venue: Galle International Stadium, Galle
As we have seen in the first Test, the wicket will favour the batters for the initial 3 days of the Test match. That said, the spinners will get assistance in the later days of the game. We can expect a result in this game.
SL vs AUS Probable Playing XI
Sri Lanka Playing XI
Dimuth Karunaratne (C), Niroshan Dickwella (WK), Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Dunith Wellalage, Dinesh Chandimal, Kasun Rajitha, Oshada Fernando, Maheesh Theekshana, Ramesh Mendis, Angelo Matthews.
Australia Playing XI
Pat Cummins (C), Alex Carrey (WK), David Warner, Cameron Green, Nathon Lyon, Travis Head, Mitchell Starc/Glenn Maxwell, Marnus Labuschagne, Usman Khawaja, Steven Smith, Mitchell Swepson.
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches is 157 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 3
- Matches Lost: 2
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
- Total matches : 38
- Matches won batting first: 21
- Matches won bowling first: 11
- Average 1st Inns scores: 361
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 303
- Average 3rd Inns scores : 232
- Average 4th Inns scores: 149
- Highest total recorded: 638/10 (196 Overs) by BAN vs SL
- Lowest total recorded : 73/10 (28.5 Overs) by RSA vs SL
Head to Head
- Matches Played: 32
- Australia Won: 20
- Sri Lanka Won: 4
- Drawn: 8
Sri Lanka & Australia Last 5 Matches Stats
SL vs AUS Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Travis Head||4 Wickets|
|Ramesh Mendis||4 Wickets & 22 Runs|
|Usman Khawaja||71 Runs|
|Nathon Lyon||5 Wickets & 15 Runs|
|Niroshan Dickwella||58 Runs|
SL vs AUS Captaincy Picks
- Usman Khawaja
- David Warner
- Ramesh Mendis
SL vs AUS Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Niroshan Dickwella
- Batters: David Warner, Steven Smith, Dimuth Karunaratne, Travis Head, Pathum Nissanka
- All-Rounders: Ramesh Mendis, Cameron Green
- Bowlers: Nathon Lyon, Pat Cummins, Maheesh Theekshana
- Captain: David Warner
- Vice-Captain: Pathum Nissanka
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Niroshan Dickwella, Alex Carrey
- Batters: Angelo Matthews, Steven Smith, Dimuth Karunaratne, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne
- All-Rounders: Ramesh Mendis
- Bowlers: Nathon Lyon, Mitchell Swepson, Maheesh Theekshana
- Captain: Usman Khawaja
- Vice-Captain: Ramesh Mendis
Probable Winner Of The Match
Australia is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.