The first game of the series was called off due to the rain without a ball being bowled. Both sides would be expecting better weather on Sunday in Mount Maunganui.
Both India and New Zealand topped their respective groups in the by-gone T20 World Cup 2022 but failed to make it to the finals of the tournament, having lost their semi-final games against England and Pakistan respectively.
Team India would be missing the services of their senior players like Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and KL Rahul while the Black Caps, too, will be without their experienced campaigners Trent Boult and Martin Guptill.
For the Men in Blue, the onus will be on the likes of stand-in captain Hardik Pandya, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Rishabh Pant, and Arshdeep Singh while for New Zealand, Glenn Phillips, Fin Allen, and Tim Southee will hold the impetus.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd ODI of the India tour of New Zealand, 2022.
NZ vs IND Match Details
- Match: New Zealand vs India, 2nd ODI
- Date: Sunday, November 20, 2022
- Time: 12:00 PM (IST) | 6:30 AM (GMT) | 7:30 PM (Local)
- Venue: Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
NZ vs IND Pitch Report
A good batting track is expected at Mount Maunganui with little help available for the bowlers. The powerplay overs will be key, with the pacers expected to get the ball to swing early on. The batters will ideally look to spend some time in the middle before shifting gears.
The track record of the teams batting first has been incredible at this venue and hence whoever wins the toss will look to bat first after winning the toss. Anything around 170-180 will be the competitive total here.
India vs New Zealand Pitch Stats
- Total matches played: 22
- Matches won batting first: 11
- Matches won bowling first: 11
- Average 1st Innings scores: 236
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 216
- Highest total recorded: 371/7 (50 Ov) by NZ vs SL
- Lowest total recorded: 134/10 (36.2 Ov) by INDW vs ENGW
- Highest score chased: 300/5 (47.1 Ov) by NZ vs IND
- Lowest score defended: 140/9 (50 Ov) by WIW vs BANW
NZ vs IND Probable Playing XI
New Zealand Playing XI
Kane Williamson (C), Devon Conway (WK), Finn Allen, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Adam Milne, Lockie Ferguson, Blair Tickner.
India Playing XI
Hardik Pandya (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda/Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik.
Stats of New Zealand & India’s Form in the Last 5 Matches
IND vs NZ Best Player to Pick in Dreram11 Team
1. Suryakumar Yadav: The Mumbai batter has been in the form of his life. He has so far scored 1284 runs in 40 T20Is at an average of 41.42 and a staggering strike rate of 179.08.
2. Glenn Phillips: He was in sensational form in the recently concluded T20 World Cup, having mustered 201 runs in five innings at a strike rate of 158.26. Overall, he has scored 1294 runs in 47 T20I innings.
3. Devon Conway: He has been a vital cog for the Kiwis ever since he made his T20I debut for New Zealand. So far, he has plundered 1086 runs in 30 T20I innings at an average of 49.36 and a strike rate of 131.64.
4. Hardik Pandya: The stand-in skipper of team India will be one the key players for Men in Blue going forward in this series. He had a tough time with the bat in the T20 World Cup, having managed to score just 128 runs in five innings. However, he did a great job with the ball, having scalped eight wickets.
5. Tim Southee: The star Kiwi pacer has been a regular wicket-taker for the Black Caps in the shortest format of the game. He has scalped 129 wickets in 104 T20I matches at an average of 23.9 and an economy of 8.15.
6. Arshdeep Singh: The young left-armer was one of the stand-out performers for India in the recently concluded T20 World Cup 2022, having picked up 10 wickets in six innings at an economy of 7.80.
NZ vs IND Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (T20I Career)|
|Suryakumar Yadav||1284 Runs|
|Hardik Pandya||1117 Runs & 62 Wickets|
|Mitchell Santner||89 Wickets|
|Adam Milne||35 Wickets|
|Arshdeep Singh||29 Wickets|
|Kane Williamson||2403 Runs|
|Devon Conway||1086 Runs|
NZ vs IND Captaincy Picks
- Hardik Pandya
- Devon Conway
- Suryakumar Yadav
IND vs NZ Dream11 Prediction & Fantasy Teams
India vs New Zealand Dream11 Prediction – Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Sanju Samson, Devon Conway
- Batters: Kane Williamson, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Glenn Phillips
- All-Rounders: Marcus Stoinis, Hardik Pandya
- Bowlers: Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Arshdeep Singh
- Captain: Hardik Pandya
- Vice-Captain: Devon Conway
India vs New Zealand Dream11 Prediction Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Devon Conway, Fin Allen
- Batters: Kane Williamson, Suryakumar Yadav, Glenn Phillips, Shubman Gill
- All-Rounders: Hardik Pandya
- Bowlers: Adam Milne, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ish Sodhi, Arshdeep Singh
- Captain: Suryakumar Yadav
- Vice-Captain: Glenn Phillips
NZ vs IND Match Prediction – Who Will Win the Match?
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.