NZ vs IND: New Zealand will lock horns against India in the 1st ODI of the India tour of New Zealand, 2022 on Friday, November 18, 2022, at Sky Stadium, Wellington.
Both teams recently were knocked out of the T20 World Cup 2022 in the semi-final stages following their terrific run in the Super 12 stage. While India was thumped by England, the Kiwis were outfoxed by Pakistan’s all-around show.
However, with a new series up, both teams will be looking to put the disappointment of the T20 World Cup behind them and build a formidable unit, especially with the young ones, keeping the T20 World Cup 2024 in mind.
While India will miss their regulars in the team with Hardik Pandya taking over the reins, the Black Caps will be without the services of their premier pacer Trent Boult and experienced batter Martin Guptill.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 1st ODI of the India tour of New Zealand, 2022.
NZ vs IND Match Details
- Match: New Zealand vs India, 1st ODI
- Date: Friday, November 18, 2022
- Time: 12:00 PM (IST) | 6:30 AM (GMT) | 7:30 PM (Local)
- Venue: Sky Stadium, Wellington
NZ vs IND Pitch Report
The surface at Wellington will favour the batters big time. Bowlers will have to stick to the right line and lengths to eke out wickets. The track record of the teams batting first has been terrific at this venue and hence whoever wins the toss will look to bowl first.
NZ vs IND Pitch Stats
- Total matches played: 19
- Matches won batting first: 9
- Matches won bowling first: 10
- Average 1st Innings scores: 154
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 130
- Highest total recorded: 219/6 (20 Ov) by NZ vs IND
- Lowest total recorded: 96/10 (19.4 Ov) by NZW vs ENGW
- Highest score chased: 163/6 (19 Ov) by NZ vs WI
- Lowest score defended: 128/9 (20 Ov) by ENGW vs NZW
NZ vs IND Probable Playing XI
New Zealand Playing XI
Finn Allen, Devon Conway (WK), Kane Williamson (C), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Adam Milne, Lockie Ferguson, Blair Tickner.
India Playing XI
Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya (WK), Rishabh Pant (WK), Deepak Hooda/Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik.
New Zealand & India’s Last 5 Matches Stats
New Zealand vs India 1st T20I Top 5 Players to Pick in Dream11 Team
- Fin Allen: He is the top wicket-keeper batter choice for your fantasy team. He has played 23 T20I matches for New Zealand, scoring 564 runs at an average of 24.52 and a strike rate of 165.40. Also, he has a brilliant track record at Wellington, scoring 370 runs in 11 innings at a strike rate of above 200.
- Hardik Pandya: The star India all-rounder had a terrific outing in T20 World Cup 2022, especially with the ball. He scored 128 runs in 5 matches while picking up eight wickets in six innings at an economy of 8.11.
- Suryakumar Yadav: He had an outstanding outing in the by-gone T20 World Cup 2022, where he finished the marquee event as the third-highest run-scorer with 239 runs at a staggering strike rate of 189.68. Overall, in 40 T20Is he played for India, he has accumulated 1248 runs at an average of 41.42 and a strike rate of 179.08.
- Tim Southee: The star Kiwi pacer has been a regular wicket-taker for the Black Caps in the shortest format of the game. He has scalped 129 wickets in 104 T20I matches at an average of 23.9 and an economy of 8.15.
- Arshdeep Singh: The young left-armer was one of the stand-out performers for India in the recently concluded T20 World Cup 2022. He scalped 10 wickets in six innings at an economy of 7.80 and a strike rate of 15. Overall in 19 T20I, he has picked up 29 wickets at an economy of 8.04.
NZ vs IND Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (T20I Career)|
|Suryakumar Yadav||1284 Runs|
|Mitchell Santner||89 Wickets|
|Adam Milne||35 Wickets|
|Harshal Patel||26 Wickets|
|Kane Williamson||2403 Runs|
|Devon Conway||1086 Runs|
NZ vs IND Captaincy Picks
- Hardik Pandya
- Devon Conway
- Suryakumar Yadav
NZ vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
New Zealand vs India – Fantasy Team 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Sanju Samson, Devon Conway
- Batters: Kane Williamson, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Glenn Phillips
- All-Rounders: Marcus Stoinis, Hardik Pandya
- Bowlers: Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Arshdeep Singh
- Captain: Hardik Pandya
- Vice-Captain: Devon Conway
New Zealand vs India – Fantasy Team 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Devon Conway, Fin Allen
- Batters: Kane Williamson, Suryakumar Yadav, Glenn Phillips, Shubman Gill
- All-Rounders: Hardik Pandya
- Bowlers: Adam Milne, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ish Sodhi, Arshdeep Singh
- Captain: Suryakumar Yadav
- Vice-Captain: Glenn Phillips
NZ vs IND Match Prediction – Who Will Win the Match?
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.