KAR vs MUL: Pakistan Super League 2022 kicks off from the 27th of January, and the final is scheduled to be played on the 27th of February. 6 teams will compete against each other for the PSL 2021 title. A total of 34 matches will be played this season, across two venues in Pakistan, National Stadium, Karachi, and Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore.
Each team will face the other team twice in the league stage, and the teams ending in the top 4 will proceed to the playoffs.
Mohammad Rizwan led Multan Sultans will start the tournament as favourites since they are the defending champions. They will look to lift the cup for the second consecutive year. Sohaib Maqsood, Rilee Rossouw, Tim David, and Blessing Muzarabani are some players to watch out for.
Karachi Kings, on the other hand, has had a good season last year but they were ruled out after losing to Peshawar Zalmi in Eliminator 1. Lewis Gregory, Sharjeel Khan, Babar Azam, Joe Clarke are some crucial players for Kings.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for Match 1 of the Pakistan Super League 2022 between Karachi Kings and Multan Sultans.
KAR vs MUL Match Details
- Match: Karachi Kings vs Multan Sultans, Match 1
- Date: Thursday, January 27, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM (IST)
- Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
- Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network
The records at National Stadium shows that the pitch in Karachi is a fairly balanced one, with enough purchase for both batsmen and bowlers. The former will rule the roost in the second inning, while the latter will be dominating in the initial stages.
KAR vs MUL Probable Playing XI
Karachi Kings Playing XI
Babar Azam (C), Joe Clarke (WK), Tom Lammonby, Mohammad Amir, Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Ilyas, Lewis Gregory, Jordan Thompson, Shahibzada Farhan, Umaid Asif, Imad Wasim.
Multan Sultans Playing XI
Mohammad Rizwan (C & WK), Johnson Charles, Khushdil Shah, Imran Khan, Shahnawaz Dhani, Imran Tahir/Dominic Drakes, Rilee Rossouw, Rovman Powell, Sohaib Maqsood, David Willey, Anwar Ali.
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches played is 180 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 4
- Matches Lost: 1
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
Karachi Kings & Multan Sultans Last 5 Matches Stats
KAR vs MUL Top Picks
1. Babar Azam: Babar Azam was the leading run-scorer in PSL 2021. He smacked 554 runs in 11 matches at an average of 69.25 and a strike rate of 132.53.
2. Mohammad Ilyas: He was the highest wicket-taker for the Kings in the last season of the PSL. He took eight wickets in just five matches at an average of 21.62 and an economy of 9.7.
1. Mohammad Rizwan: He accumulated 500 runs in the last season of PSL (12 matches) at an average of 45.45 and a strike rate of 127.87. He is one of the must picks among batters.
2. Shahnawaz Dahani: He was the leading wicket-taker in the last season of the PSL. He took 20 wickets in 11 matches at an average of 17, an economy of 8.42, and a strike rate of 12.1.
KAR vs MUL Captaincy Picks
- Mohammad Rizwan
- Babar Azam
- Sharjeel Khan
KAR vs MUL Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Mohammad Rizwan, Joe Clarke
- Batsmen: Babar Azam, Sohaib Maqsood, Sharjeel Khan, Rovman Powell
- All-Rounders: Imad Wasim, David Willey
- Bowlers: Mohammad Amir, Imran Tahir, Anwar Ali
- Captain: Mohammad Rizwan
- Vice-Captain: Babar Azam
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Mohammad Rizwan, Johnson Charles
- Batsmen: Babar Azam, Rilee Rossouw, Sharjeel Khan, Shahibzada Farhan
- All-Rounders: Imad Wasim
- Bowlers: Imran Tahir, Shahnawaz Dahani, Umaid Asif, Mohammad Ilyas
- Captain: Sharjeel Khan
- Vice-Captain: Shahnawaz Dahani
Probable Winner Of The Match
Multan Sultans are expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.