GT vs PBKS: Punjab Kings will look to turn around things when they take on the league leaders Gujarat Titans in the 48th match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 at Dr DY Patil Stadium, Mumbai.
While the Titans are coming into this match after beating the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in their previous match, PBKS suffered a defeat at the hands of Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) in their previous match.
The Hardik Pandya-led unit has covered all the bases and has been a side to beat this year. They have won nine out of the ten games they played and are currently sitting at the top of the points table.
Mayank Agarwal-led Punjab Kings, on the other hand, have won four out of the nine games played and from here they need to win almost all of their remaining games to keep their playoff hope alive.
Notably, it will be their second face-off in the season. The last time they played against each other, it was Gujarat Titans, which emerged victorious by 6 wickets, thanks to Rahul Tewatia’s last-ball six.
GT vs PBKS Match Details
- Match: Gujarat Titans vs Punjab Kings, Match 47
- Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM (IST) / 2:00 PM (GMT)
- Venue: DY Patil Stadium, Mumbai
GT vs PBKS Pitch Report
A relatively high-scoring game beckons at the Dr DY Patil Stadium, thanks to the shorter boundaries. The pacers should get some swing and bounce off the surface to keep the batters on their toes. As the game progresses, the spinners will come into play, given the turn on offer. Both teams will look to bowl first after winning the toss. Anything around 170-180 could be a competitive total at this venue.
GT vs PBKS Pitch Stats – In Last 5 IPL 2022 Matches
- Average 1st Innings Score: 160
- Average 2nd Innings Score: 156
- Batting First Won: 2
- Batting Second Won: 3
- Toss Winner Opt to Bowl: 4
- Toss Winner Opt to Bat: 1
GT vs PBKS Key Matchups
- Shikhar Dhawan vs Rashid Khan – 41 Runs vs 4 Dismissals
- Shikhar Dhawan vs Lockie Ferguson – 56 Runs vs 3 Dismissals
- Shubman Gill vs Kagiso Rabada – 20 Runs vs 2 Dismissals
- Shubman Gill vs Rahul Chahar – 58 Runs vs 2 Dismissals
- Mayank Agarwal vs Hardik Pandya – 2 Runs vs 2 Dismissals
Gujarat Titans & Punjab Kings Form
GT vs PBKS Predicted Playing XI
Wriddhiman Saha (WK), Shubman Gill, Hardik Pandya (C), Sai Sudharsan, Rahul Tewatia, David Miller, Pradeep Sangwan, Rashid Khan, Lockie Ferguson, Alzarri Joseph, Mohammed Shami.
Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal (C), Jonny Bairstow, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Jitesh Sharma (WK), Liam Livingstone, Kagiso Rabada, Rishi Dhawan, Sandeep Sharma, Rahul Chahar, Arshdeep Singh.
Match Predictions For Match 47 – GT vs PBKS
If Gujarat Titans Win the Toss & Bowl First
- Punjab Kings Powerplay Score: 40-50
- Punjab Kings Overall Score: 150-170
Gujarat Titans win the match.
If Punjab Kings Win the Toss & Bowl First
- Gujarat Titans Powerplay Score: 35-40
- Gujarat Titans Overall Score: 140-160
Gujarat Titans win the match.
Disclaimer: This Prediction is for entertainment purposes only. We don’t get involved in or promote betting or gambling. We strongly discourage the behaviour of participating in illegal activities related to cricket. Also, while selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision. Our experts try to be as correct as possible, but we do not guarantee 100% correctness.