After the completion of the 3-match ODI series, the two teams will face each other in the shortest format of the game. A total of 3 games are scheduled to be played in this bilateral T20I series and all three games will be played at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
India last played a T20I series against New Zealand last year and defeated them by a margin of 3-0. The Indian team would be missing the services of Washington Sundar, KL Rahul, and Axar Patel in this series.
Kieron Pollard will be captaining the Caribbean team. They defeated England 3-2 last month in the 5-match T20I series at home and would be desperate to replicate a similar performance here as well.
- Match: India vs West Indies, 1st T20I
- Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2022
- Time: 7:00 PM (IST)
- Venue: Eden Gardens, Kolkata
It’s one of the fastest surfaces in India. There will be plenty of advantages for the seam bowlers, but the ball will come on the bat nicely and we can expect a high-scoring encounter. Toss plays a crucial role and whoever wins will have more chances of winning the match.
India & West Indies Squads
Rohit Sharma (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan, Deepak Chahar, Deepak Hooda, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harshal Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Kuldeep Yadav, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Venkatesh Iyer, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal.
West Indies Squads
Kieron Pollard (C), Nicholas Pooran (WK), Kyle Mayers, Shai Hope, Darren Bravo, Akeal Hosein, Rovman Powell, Odean Smith, Jason Holder, Hayden Walsh, Fabian Allen, Roston Chase, Dominic Drakes, Sheldon Cottrell, Brandon King, Romario Shepherd.
IND vs WI Probable Playing XI
India Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan, Suryakumar Yadav/Shreyas Iyer, Venkatesh Iyer, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Deepak Chahar, Mohammed Siraj, Harshal Patel.
West Indies Playing XI
Kieron Pollard (C), Nicholas Pooran (WK), Fabian Allen, Jason Holder, Odean Smith, Sheldon Cottrell/Dominic Drakes, Romario Shepherd, Rovman Powell, Kyle Mayers, Brandon King, Akeal Hosein.
India vs West Indies Head to Head
- India: 10
- West Indies: 6
- No Result: 1
KL Rahul, Axar Patel & Washington Sundar have been ruled out of the series because of injuries. Kuldeep Yadav was named as the replacement to Washington Sundar.
Kieron Pollard will be back in the team having missed two ODIs.
Must Picks for IND vs WI
- Rohit Sharma: The white-ball captain of India has accumulated 3197 runs in 119 T20I so far with an average of 32.96 and a strike rate of 140.28. He is one of the key batters for team India.
- Virat Kohli: The former Indian captain had a rough ODI series as he could manage only 26 runs in the series. He will be looking to start fresh from this T20I series. He has scored 3227 runs in 95 T20I games at an average of 52.05.
- Kieron Pollard: The West Indies captain scored 1537 runs in the shortest format and picked 42 wickets with the ball as well. He is one of the must picks for your fantasy team.
- Jason Holder: The West Indies all-rounder has made 1422 runs at a strike rate of 127.99. With the ball, he has taken 153 wickets in 162 T20 matches at an average of 27.71, an economy of 7.76, and a strike rate of 21.4.
Average 1st Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches played is 142 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 3
- Matches Lost: 2
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
India & West Indies Last 5 Matches Stats
IND vs WI Player Record/Stats (Top 5)
|Player||T20I Career||Against West Indies|
|Virat Kohli||3227 Runs||501 Runs|
|Rohit Sharma||3197 Runs||367 Runs|
|Yuzvendra Chahal||64 Wickets & 1620 Runs||4 Wickets & 100 Runs|
|Jason Holder||38 Wickets & 262 Runs||1 Wicket & 32 Runs|
|Rovman Powell||524 Runs||94 Runs|
IND vs WI Captaincy Picks For Fantasy Team
- Rohit Sharma
- Virat Kohli
- Jason Holder
IND vs WI Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Rishabh Pant
- Batsmen: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rovman Powell
- All-Rounders: Kieron Pollard, Jason Holder
- Bowlers: Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Harshal Patel, Odean Smith
- Captain: Rohit Sharma
- Vice-Captain: Jason Holder
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran, Rishabh Pant
- Batsmen: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Kyle Mayers, Rovman Powell
- All-Rounders: Jason Holder, Romario Shepherd
- Bowlers: Deepak Chahar, Harshal Patel, Odean Smith
- Captain: Virat Kohli
- Vice-Captain: Harshal Patel
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.