The most-anticipated and electrifying T20 encounter will be played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium – the same where India suffered a 10-wicket thrashing by the Men in Green last year in the T20 World Cup.
For India, all the eyes will also be on skipper Rohit Sharma, who will be leading the Men in Blue to defend the Asia Cup title, and Virat Kohli, who has been seen struggling in this format in recent times.
Team India has won the last two editions of the Asia Cup and has a chance to make a hat-trick of titles. The Blue Shirts will be missing the service of their ace pacer Jasprit Bumrah. However, the team still has enough firepower to outclass the Babar Azam-led lads.
As for Pakistan, the team suffered a huge blow day ahead of the gala event as their star pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi – the wrecker-in-chief against India in the last clash between the two sides – was ruled out of the tournament due to a knee injury. The batting onus will be on the skipper Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan.
Talking about their head-to-head record, team India holds a massive edge with seven wins from nine face-offs while having won just two games. With two of the best cricket teams taking the field against each other on Sunday, a cracking T20 contest beckons in Dubai.
IND vs PAK Match Details
- Match: India vs Pakistan, Match 2
- Date: Sunday, August 28, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM (IST) / 6:00 PM (Local)
- Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
IND vs PAK Probable Playing XI
India Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal.
Pakistan Playing XI
Babar Azam (C), Mohammad Rizwan (WK), Fakhar Zaman, Khushdil Shah, Haider Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah, Usman Qadir, Shahnawaz Dahani.
The surface at the Dubai International Stadium favoured the seamers on Saturday and we can expect a similar trend from the surface for this game.
The ground’s dimensions suggest that this game might not be as high-scoring and anything around 150-170 will be competitive here. The captain winning the toss will surely look to bowl first.
- Total matches: 75
- Matches won batting first: 34
- Matches won bowling first: 40
- Average 1st Inns scores: 141
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 124
- Highest total recorded: 211/3 (20 Ov) by SL vs PAK
- Lowest total recorded: 55/10 (14.2 Ov) by WI vs ENG
- Highest score chased: 183/5 (19.4 Ov) by AFG vs UAE
- Lowest score defended: 134/7 (20 Ov) by OMAN vs HK
India & Pakistan Last 5 Matches Stats
IND vs PAK Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (T20I Career)|
|Rohit Sharma||3487 Runs|
|Virat Kohli||3308 Runs|
|KL Rahul||1831 Runs|
|Hardik Pandya||834 Runs & 50 Wickets|
|Suryakumar Yadav||672 Runs|
|Babar Azam||2686 Runs|
|Mohammad Rizwan||1662 Runs|
IND vs PAK Captaincy Picks
- Hardik Pandya
- Rohit Sharma
- Babar Azam
IND vs PAK Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Mohammad Rizwan, Rishabh Pant
- Batters: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Babar Azam, Lokesh Rahul
- All-Rounders: Hardik Pandya
- Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf
- Captain: Hardik Pandya
- Vice-Captain: Babar Azam
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Mohammad Rizwan
- Batters: Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Lokesh Rahul, Babar Azam,
- All-Rounders: Hardik Pandya, Shadab Khan
- Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf
- Captain: Rohit Sharma
- Vice-Captain: Mohammad Rizwan
Probable Winner Of The Match
India are expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.