IND vs NZ: New Zealand will lock horns against India in the 2nd ODI of the India tour of New Zealand, 2022 on Sunday, November 27, 2022, at Seddon Park, Hamilton.
Team India lost their opening ODI against Kane Williamson-led New Zealand. In order to keep themselves alive in the series, the Men in Blue will need to win this game and end the losing streak of five straight ODIs in New Zealand.
As for the first ODI, the Shikhar Dhawan-led team India scored 306 runs in the stipulated 50 overs. In reply, the hosts chased down the target with 17 balls to spare. Tom Lathan won the Man of the Match award courtesy of his unbeaten 145-run knock.
Indian bowlers, except Washington Sundar and Umran Malik, looked pretty ordinary with their bowling, while the Indian batters did their best with the bat. Heading into the deciding ODI, Dhawan will be hoping for a better showing from his bowlers.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd ODI of the India tour of New Zealand, 2022.
IND vs NZ Match Details
- Match: New Zealand vs India, 2nd ODI
- Date: Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Time: 7:00 AM (IST) | 1:30 AM (GMT) | 2:30 PM (Local)
- Venue: Seddon Park, Hamilton
Pitch Report For IND vs NZ, 2nd ODI
The surface at Seddon Park, Hamilton, is expected to be a batting-friendly one. Batters will look to take advantage of the shorter boundaries there. Having said that, there will be plenty of help for the pacers in the initial overs of the game and spinners would come into the picture as the game progresses.
Pitch Stats of Seddon Park, Hamilton For IND vs NZ, 2nd ODI
- Total matches played: 46
- Matches won batting first: 18
- Matches won bowling first: 26
- Average 1st Innings scores: 239
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 210
- Highest total recorded: 363/4 (50 Ov) by WI vs NZ
- Lowest total recorded: 92/10 (30.5 Ov) by IND vs NZ
- Highest score chased: 350/9 (49.3 Ov) by NZ vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 182/9 (35 Ov) by NZ vs SL
Probable Playing XI For IND vs NZ, 2nd ODI
New Zealand Playing XI
Kane Williamson (C), Tom Latham (WK), Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Matt Henry, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson.
India Playing XI
Shikhar Dhawan (C), Rishabh Pant (WK), Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal.
Stats of India & New Zealand Form in the Last 5 Matches
India vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI – Top Picks for Dream11 Team
1. Shreyas Iyer: The Mumbai batter has been one of the most consistent performers in 50-Overs format. He played a flamboyant knock of 80 runs off 76 balls in the first ODI and will look to continue his good run of form.
2. Shubman Gill: The young Indian opener plundered 50 runs off 65 balls with the help of one boundary and three sixes in the first ODI. We can expect him to come good in this match as well.
3. Kane Williamson: The New Zealand captain played a match-winning knock of 94 runs from 98 balls in the first ODI. He stitched a record unbeaten partnership of 221 runs off 172 balls to help his team slide over the finish line.
4. Tom Latham: He has adjudged the Player of the Match award for his unbeaten knock of 145 runs in the first ODI. He clobbered the Indian bowlers all around the park and helped his side take a 1-0 lead in the series.
IND vs NZ Player Record/Stats (Must Picks) For 2nd ODI
|Player||Stats (This Series)|
|Tom Latham||145 Runs|
|Kane Williamson||94 Runs|
|Shreyas Iyer||80 Runs|
|Shikhar Dhawan||72 Runs|
|Lockie Ferguson||3 Wickets|
|Tim Southee||3 Wickets|
|Umran Malik||2 Wickets|
IND vs NZ Captaincy Picks For 2nd ODI Between India vs New Zealand
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Shreyas Iyer
- Kane Williamson
IND vs NZ Dream11 Prediction – Fantasy Team Suggesting For 2nd ODI
India vs New Zealand – Fantasy Team 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Tom Latham, Devon Conway
- Batters: Shikhar Dhawan, Kane Williamson, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer
- All-Rounders: Washington Sundar
- Bowlers: Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik
- Captain: Shikhar Dhawan
- Vice-Captain: Kane Williamson
India vs New Zealand – Fantasy Team 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Tom Latham, Sanju Samson
- Batters: Shikhar Dhawan, Kane Williamson, Shreyas Iyer, Glenn Phillips, Shubman Gill
- All-Rounders: Washington Sundar
- Bowlers: Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Umran Malik
- Captain: Shreyas Iyer
- Vice-Captain: Tom Latham
IND vs NZ Match Prediction – Who Will Win Today’s Match?
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.