IND vs NED: India will square off against the Netherlands in the 23rd Match of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 on Thursday (October 27) at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
India avenged their last World Cup’s humiliating defeat at the hands of the arch-rivals Pakistan by beating them by four wickets in their tournament opener at Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Virat Kohli was the chief architect of India’s thrilling victory over Men in Green as he stood firm amid the ruins and clobbered an unbeaten 82-run knock to help India successfully chase down the target of 160 runs.
The young left-arm pacer Arshdeep Singh and Hardik Pandya were the picks of the bowlers as they picked three wicket-hauls to restrict Pakistan to 159/8 in the stipulated 20 overs.
India’s openers KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma have blown hot and cold in recent times, and they will be looking to capitalise on this opportunity against the Netherlands to get some runs under his belt.
The Netherlands, on the other hand, lost their first Super-12 against star-studded Bangladesh by nine runs. Chasing 145, they were bundled out for 135 with Colin Ackermann top-scoring with 62 runs off 48 balls.
The Rohit Sharma-led side are the clear favourite heading into this game, given their firepower in both batting and bowling. However, the Dutch side will look to return to winning ways at Sydney Cricket Ground on Thursday.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for Match 23 of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, 2022.
IND vs NED Match Details
- Match: India vs Netherlands, Match 23
- Date: Thursday, October 27, 2022
- Time: 12:30 PM (IST) / 7:00 AM (GMT) / 6:00 PM (Local)
- Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
- TV Broadcast: Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming: Hotstar
The surface at Sydney Cricket Ground offers a balanced wicket. Batters will look to attack the bowling attack from ball one with there being little swing on offer early on with the new ball. Spinners will play a key role in the middle overs. Wickets in hand will be key, with teams likely to prefer chasing upon winning the toss at the venue.
IND vs NED Probable Playing XI
India Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (C), KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik (WK), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh.
Netherlands Playing XI
Vikramjit Singh, Max O’Dowd, Bas de Leede, Colin Ackermann, Tom Cooper, Scott Edwards (C & WK), Tim Pringle, Logan van Beek, Shariz Ahmed/Roelof van der Merve, Fred Klaassen, Paul van Meekeren.
Pitch Stats – Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
- Total matches played: 13
- Matches won batting first: 7
- Matches won bowling first: 5
- Average 1st Innings scores: 163
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 138
- Highest total recorded: 221/5 (20 Ov) by AUS vs ENG
- Lowest total recorded: 111/10 (17.1 Ov) by AUS vs NZ
- Highest score chased: 200/3 (20 Ov) by IND vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 134/5 (20 Ov) by AUSW vs RSAW
India & Netherlands’ Last 5 Matches Stats
IND vs NED Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Virat Kohli||82 Runs|
|Hardik Pandya||40 Runs & 3 Wickets|
|Arshdeep Singh||3 Wickets|
|Suryakumar Yadav||15 Runs|
|KL Rahul||4 Runs|
|Bas de Leede||9 Wickets & 58 Runs|
|Max O’Dowd||137 Runs|
|Paul van Meekeren||5 Wickets & 24 Runs|
IND vs NED Captaincy Picks
- KL Rahul
- Virat Kohli
- Bas de Leede
IND vs NED Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Scott Edwards
- Batters: Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul, Max O’Dowd
- All-Rounders: Hardik Pandya, Bas de Leede
- Bowlers: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Paul van Meekeren, Arshdeep Singh
- Captain: KL Rahul
- Vice-Captain: Bas de Leede
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Scott Edwards
- Batters: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Max O’Dowd
- All-Rounders: Colin Ackermann, Hardik Pandya, Bas de Leede
- Bowlers: Mohammed Shami, Paul van Meekeren, Arshdeep Singh
- Captain: Virat Kohli
- Vice-Captain: Hardik Pandya
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.