EN-W vs IN-W: England Women will lock horns against India Women in the 1st Semi-Final of the Women’s T20 Commonwealth Games, 2022 on Saturday, August 6, 2022, at Edgbaston, Birmingham.
After a week of T20 action, the Women’s T20 competition in Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 enters its semi-final stage which will see the top four teams – Australia, England, India and New Zealand fighting it out for the Gold Medal.
The host nation remained unbeaten throughout the league stage and finished the season at the top of the Group B points table. They recently outclassed the White Ferns in the final match of the league phase and would be coming into this contest as clear favourites.
Team India, on the other hand, started off their CWG 2022 campaign with a gut-wrenching loss at the hands of Australia. However, the Harmanpreet Kaur-led side made a strong comeback and steamrolled the arch-rivals Pakistan Women and Barbados Women to finish second at the second spot in the Group A points table.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for 1st Semi-Final of the Women’s T20 Commonwealth Games, 2022.
EN-W vs IN-W Match Details
- Match: England Women vs India Women, 1st Semi-Final
- Date: Saturday, August 6, 2022
- Time: 10:30 PM (IST)
- Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham
EN-W vs IN-W Probable Playing XI
England Women Playing XI
Natalie Sciver (C), Amy Jones (WK), Sophie Ecclestone, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Danielle Wyatt, Alice Capsey, Sophia Dunkley, Issy Wong, Sarah Glenn, Freya Kemp
India Women Playing XI
Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Taniya Bhatia (WK), Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Sneh Rana, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh.
The pitch at Edgbaston has been a good one for batting so far. We can expect a high-scoring encounter on Saturday. The quick bowlers will have an upper hand in the early overs of the game while spinners will reap the rewards of their efforts in the middle overs. Overall, it is a track of 150-160.
- Total matches: 18
- Matches won batting first: 12
- Matches won bowling first: 6
- Average 1st Inns scores: 139
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 118
- Highest total recorded: 221/5 (20 Ov) by ENG vs AUS
- Lowest total recorded: 46/10 (17.1 Ov) by SLW vs RSAW
- Highest score chased: 157/7 (19 Ov) by AUSW vs INDW
- Lowest score defended: 118/5 (11 Ov) by ENG vs RSA
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches is 121 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 2
- Matches Lost: 3
- Draw/No Result/Abandoned: 0
England Women & India Women Last 5 Matches Stats
EN-W vs IN-W Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Renuka Singh||9 Wickets|
|Katherine Brunt||4 Wickets & 38 Runs|
|Shafali Verma||107 Runs & 1 Wicket|
|Smriti Mandhana||92 Runs|
|Sophie Ecclestone||5 Wickets|
|Alice Capsey||117 Runs|
EN-W vs IN-W Captaincy Picks
- Shafali Verma
- Renuka Singh
- Sophie Ecclestone
EN-W vs IN-W Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Amy Jones
- Batsmen: Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Alice Capsey
- All-Rounders: Katherine Brunt, Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma
- Bowlers: Sophie Ecclestone, Renuka Singh, Issy Wong
- Captain: Renuka Singh
- Vice-Captain: Katherine Brunt
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Amy Jones
- Batsmen: Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Alice Capsey
- All-Rounders: Sneh Rana, Natalie Sciver, Katherine Brunt, Harmanpreet Kaur
- Bowlers: Sophie Ecclestone, Renuka Singh, Radha Yadav
- Captain: Shafali Verma
- Vice-Captain: Sophie Ecclestone
Probable Winner Of The Match
India Women are expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.