The second T20I of the 5-Match series between Australia and Bangladesh will be played at Shere Bangla Stadium on August 4.
Bangladesh scripted history on Tuesday as they defeated Australia for the first time in T20 International. Bangladesh batted first and posted 131 runs on the board, which Australia failed to chase in the scheduled 20 overs and lost the match by 23 runs.
Australia wasn’t at their best in the opening T20I match. Chasing 131, Australia got off to a dismal start as their opening batsman Alex Carey went out for a duck while Philippe could manage only 9 runs off 5 balls. In fact, no batsmen except Mitchell Marsh, Matthew Wade and Mitchell Starc could score in two digits. Andrew Tye and Adam Zampa went out for a duck as well.
Bangladesh, on the other hand, must be high on confidence after thrashing the Aussies by 23 runs in the opening T20I. Shakib Al Hasan was their major contributor with the bat as he smashed 36 runs off 33 balls and picked one wicket as well.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for 2nd T20I of the Australia Tour of Bangladesh, 2021 between Australia and Bangladesh.
- Match: Bangladesh vs Australia, 2nd T20I
- Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2021
- Time: 5:30 PM (IST)
- Venue: Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
- Live Streaming: Fancode
The surface in Dhaka is slightly slow. The pitch has at times been a bit dodgy, which brings spinners in the game. The batters will have to build partnerships to get a good enough score on this surface.
BAN vs AUS Probable Playing XI
Bangladesh Probable Playing XI
Mahmudullah Riyad (C), Nurul Hasan Sohan (WK), Shamim Hossain Patwary, Mohammad Naim Sheikh, Shakib Al Hasan, Nasum Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Mahedi Hasan, Afif Hossain Dhrubo, Mustafizur Rahman.
Australia Playing XI
Matthew Wade (C & WK), Adam Zampa, Mitchell Starc, Ashton Agar, Josh Philippe, Moises Henriques, Mitchell Marsh, Andrew Tye, Daniel Christian, Ashton Turner, Josh Hazlewood.
Average First Innings Score
BAN vs AUS Form
Top Picks For 2nd T20I of BAN vs AUS
1. Shakib Al Hasan: We don’t see a reason for excluding him from the fantasy team as currently, he is one of the top performers for the hosts with both the bat and the ball. In the first T20I, he smashed 36 runs off 33 balls while picking a wicket too.
2. Nasum Ahmed: The 26-year old was very impressed with the ball in the first T20I match. He picked a four-wicket haul in the match while conceding only 19 runs in his scheduled 4 overs. He is one of the most lethal bowlers and can be a proven match changer.
1. Mitchell Marsh: The Australian batsman stepped up and tried his best to take his side over the finish line. He smashed 45 runs off 45 balls but failed to turn it into a match-winning knock as wickets kept falling from another side. He was also very impressive in the last series against West Indies. He can be the best pick among batters.
2. Moises Henriques: He had a good series against West Indies. In 5 matches, he accumulated 95 runs at an average of 19, with the highest score of 33.
BAN vs AUS Dream11 Expert Picks
|Shakib Al Hasan||82|
BAN vs AUS Player Record/Stats (Top 5 Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Series)|
|Nasum Ahmed||4 Wickets|
|Josh Hazlewood||3 Wickets|
|Shakib Al Hasan||36 Runs & 1 Wicket|
|Mitchell Marsh||45 Runs|
BAN vs AUS Captaincy Picks
- Shakib Al Hasan
- Josh Hazlewood
BAN vs AUS Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Matthew Wade, Alex Carey
- Batsmen: Moises Henriques, Mahmudullah, Josh Philippe
- All-Rounders: Shakib Al Hasan, Mitchell Marsh
- Bowlers: Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, Mustafizur Rahman, Nasum Ahmed
- Captain: Shakib Al Hasan
- Vice-Captain: Josh Hazlewood
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Matthew Wade
- Batsmen: M Naim Sheikh, Mahmudullah, Ashton Turner, Moises Henriques
- All-Rounders: Shakib Al Hasan, Soumya Sarkar, Mitchell Marsh
- Bowlers: Nasum Ahmed, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood
- Captain: Josh Hazlewood
- Vice-Captain: Mahmudullah
Probable Winner Of The Match
Australia is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.