Australia and England will be battling it out in a day-night affair at the Adelaide Oval in the second Ashes Test from Thursday, December 16.
Australia beat England convincingly in the first game at Gabba in Brisbane by 9 wickets. Pat Cummins, the new captain of Australia took a five-wicket haul on captaincy debut while Travis Head smacked a blistering century and despite England skipper Joe Root and Dawid Malan’s massive knocks, the visitors eventually were bowled out for 297 in the second innings with just a 19-run lead.
Australia is expected to make a change in their lineup considering the side strain injury of Josh Hazlewood. England, too, is expected to make a couple of changes.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd Test of The Ashes 2021-22.
- Match: Australia vs England, 2nd Test
- Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Time: 9:30 AM (IST) / 2:30 PM (Local)
- Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
- Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network
The pitch at Adelaide offers help to pacers, and the batters are expected to struggle here. There should be movement on offer early on with the new ball, with the batters need to wait before shifting gears.
AUS vs ENG Probable Playing XI
Australia Playing XI
Pat Cummins (C), Alex Carey (WK), Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Jhye Richardson, Mitchell Starc, David Warner, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Cameron Green.
England Playing XI
Joe Root (C), Jos Buttler (WK), Haseeb Hameed, Ollie Edward Robinson, James Anderson, Ollie Pope, Chris Woakes, Rory Burns, Ben Stokes, Dawid Malan, Jack Leach/Stuart Broad.
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches played is 357 runs.
Record of Chasing Team
Based on the last 5 matches —
- Matches Won: 4
- Matches Lost: 1
- No Result/Abandoned: 0
Australia & England Last 5 Matches Stats
AUS vs ENG Player Record/Stats (Top 5)
|Player||Stats (Last Match)|
|Travis Head||152 Runs|
|David Warner||94 Runs|
|Joe Root||89 Runs & 1 Wicket|
|Dawid Malan||88 Runs|
|Marnus Labuschagne||74 Runs|
AUS vs ENG Captaincy Picks
- David Warner
- Joe Root
- Marnus Labuschagne
AUS vs ENG Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Alex Carey
- Batsmen: David Warner, Joe Root, Travis Head, Dawid Malan
- All-Rounders: Chris Woakes, Ben Stokes, Marnus Labuschagne
- Bowlers: Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Ollie Edward Robinson
- Captain: David Warner
- Vice-Captain: Marnus Labuschagne
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Jos Buttler
- Batsmen: David Warner, Steven Smith, Joe Root, Haseeb Hameed, Ollie Pope
- All-Rounders: Cameron Green
- Bowlers: James Anderson, Nathan Lyon, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc
- Captain: Joe Root
- Vice-Captain: Steven Smith
Probable Winner Of The Match
Australia is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.