WI vs SCO: West Indies will lock horns against Scotland in Match 3 of the ICC T20 World Cup, 2022 on Monday, October 17, 2022, at Bellerive Oval, Hobart.
Two-time T20 World Cup champions West Indies are going to feature in the Qualifiers of the T20 World Cup for the very first time to earn a place in the Super 12. They have only themselves to blame for their position and current reputation in the T20 cricket arena.
Despite having big players in their roster, they have failed to set up smooth sailing into the Super 12. In the last edition of the T20 World Cup, they finished fifth in the Group A standings. This year, the Nicholas Pooran-led side will look to go the distance and earn back their reputation in the shortest format of the game.
As for Scotland, they are certainly heading into this game as underdogs, but they do have a balanced squad with some experienced campaigners in their ranks. The likes of George Munsey, Richie Berrington, Matthew Cross and Josh Davey will be the key players for Scotland.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for Match 3 of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, 2022.
WI vs SCO Match Details
- Match: West Indies vs Scotland, Match 3
- Date: Monday, October 17, 2022
- Time: 9:30 AM (IST) / 4:00 AM (GMT)
- Venue: Bellerive Oval, Hobart
- TV Broadcast: Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming: Hotstar
The pitch at this venue is expected to provide a lot of assistance to the batters. The quick bowlers will play a key role with the new ball. A total of 170-180 will be the par score for the teams batting first on this surface.
WI vs SCO Probable Playing XI
West Indies Playing XI
Nicholas Pooran (C & WK), Odean Smith, Brandon King, Obed McCoy, Yannic Cariah/Raymon Reifer, Alzarri Joseph, Kyle Mayers, Rovman Powell, Evin Lewis/Johnson Charles, Akeal Hosein, Jason Holder.
Scotland Playing XI
Richie Berrington (C), Matthew Cross (WK), Mark Watt, Safyaan Sharif, Josh Davey and Brad Wheal, Craig Wallace, Michael Jones, Calum MacLeod, Chris Greaves, George Munsey.
Pitch Stats – Bellerive Oval, Hobart
- Total matches played: 3
- Matches won batting first: 2
- Matches won bowling first: 1
- Average 1st Innings scores: 182
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 167
- Highest total recorded: 213/4 (20 Ov) by AUS vs ENG
- Highest score chased: 161/5 (18.3 Ov) by AUS vs ENG
- Lowest score defended: 179/8 (20 Ov) by AUS vs WI
West Indies & Scotland’s Last 5 Matches Stats
WI vs SCO Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (T20I Career)|
|Nicholas Pooran||1403 Runs|
|George Munsey||1317 Runs|
|Mark Watt||57 Wickets|
|Jason Holder||46 Wickets|
|Michael Leask||454 Runs & 26 Wickets|
|Brandon King||665 Runs|
|Kyle Mayers||374 Runs|
|Alzarri Joseph||10 Wickets|
WI vs SCO Captaincy Picks
- Kyle Mayers
- Brandon King
- George Munsey
WI vs SCO Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Nicholas Pooran
- Batters: Richie Berrington, Evin Lewis, Brandon King, George Munsey
- All-Rounders: Jason Holder, Michael Leask, Kyle Mayers
- Bowlers: Mark Watt, Alzarri Joseph, Obed McCoy
- Captain: Kyle Mayers
- Vice-Captain: George Munsey
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Matthew Cross, Nicholas Pooran
- Batters: Richie Berrington, Brandon King, George Munsey
- All-Rounders: Jason Holder, Kyle Mayers
- Bowlers: Josh Davey, Mark Watt, Alzarri Joseph, Odean Smith
- Captain: Brandon King
- Vice-Captain: Alzarri Joseph
Probable Winner Of The Match
West Indies is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.