The 2nd ODI of 3 match series between South Africa & Sri Lanka will be played at the R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo on Saturday, September 4, 2021.
SL vs SA 2nd ODI Match Preview
The 3-Match ODI series between Sri Lanka and South Africa kicked off on Thursday, September 2 on high with hosts defeating visitors by 14 runs in the first match of the series.
Sri Lanka will be looking to take an unassailable lead over South Africa when both teams will square off for the second one day international on Saturday in Colombo.
Talking about 1st ODI, Sri Lanka opted to bat first and posted a good total of 300/9 on the back of Avishka Fernando’s 118 off 115 and Asalanka’s 72 off 62 deliveries. Coming to chase, South Africa could only manage 286/6 despite Aiden Markram’s 96 and R van der Dussen’s 59 and fell short by 14 runs.
Also, Keshav Maharaj will now lead South Africa in the remainder of the ODI series as the main skipper Temba Bavuma has been ruled out of the white ball series with a fractured right thumb.
Maharaj was one of the best bowlers for South Africans in the series opener as he returned with figures of 2/30 in his ten-over spell while their main pacers Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortrje looked out of touch as they finished with an economy of 7.30 and 6.90 respectively. While Rabada did strike twice, Nortje didn’t have any wickets under his belt.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd ODI of the South Africa Tour of Sri Lanka, 2021.
- Match: Sri Lanka vs South Africa, 2nd ODI
- Date: Saturday, September 4, 2021
- Time: 3:00 PM (IST) / 3:00 PM (Local) / 3:30 AM (GMT)
- Venue: R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
The surface is on the slower side and the spinners will play a major role in the middle overs to put breaks to the run-flow, and the varying pace makes quick bowlers more effective. It’s a 270-300 kind of a wicket and bowling first is a good option.
SL vs SA Probable Playing XI
Sri Lanka Probable Playing XI
Dasun Shanaka (C), Minod Bhanuka (WK), Dushmantha Chameera, Akila Dananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Charith Asalanka, Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Praveen Jayawickrama.
South Africa Playing XI
Anrich Nortje, Heinrich Klaasen, Kagisa Rabada, Janneman Malan, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Andile Phehlukwayo, Aiden Markram, Keshav Maharaj (c), Reeza Hendricks, Tabraiz Shamsi.
Sri Lanka & South Africa Squads
Sri Lanka Squad
Dasun Shanaka (C), Minod Bhanuka (WK), Kamindu Mendis, Dushmantha Chameera, Dinesh Chandimal, Maheesh Theekshana, Binura Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Charith Asalanka, Pathum Nissanka, Lahiru Kumara, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dhananjaya de Silva, Praveen Jayawickrama, Avishka Fernando, Kusal Perera, Lahiru Madushanka, Ramesh Mendis, Akila Dananjaya, Pulina Tharanga, Nuwan Pradeep.
South Africa Squad
Temba Bavuma (C), Heinrich Klaasen (WK), Kyle Verreynne, Beuran Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, Wiaan Mulder, George Linde, Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, Dwaine Pretorius, Aiden Markram, Andile Phehlukwayo, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Lutho Sipamla, Lizaad Williams, Tabraiz Shamsi, Keshav Maharaj.
SL vs SA Last 5 Matches Stats
Sri Lanka Form
South Africa Form
SL vs SA Head-to-head
|South Africa Won||44|
|Sri Lanka Won||32|
Average First Innings Score
271 Runs (Last 5 ODI matches played at this venue)
Record of Chasing Team
Stats based on the last 5 matches played at this venue.
- Matches Won: 3
- Matches Lost: 2
- No Result/Abandoned: 0
Top Picks For SL vs SA 2nd ODI
1. Avishka Fernando: He was one of the best batters from Sri Lankan side in the first ODI. He went on to smash 118 runs from 115 balls with the help of 10 fours and 2 sixes.
2. Dhananjaya de Silva: He alongside Avishka Fernando smashed 44 runs from 62 deliveries, including 5 boundaries in the series opener and has capability to convert slows starts.
1. Aiden Markram: He looked in sublime form in the first ODI series but unfortunately missed his maiden ODI century by just 4 runs. He will be looking to play more such knocks in upcoming matches as he is playing spin really well.
2. Keshav Maharaj: He was the most successful bowler for South Africa in the first ODI. He conceded just 30 runs in his 10 overs and also picked up 2 wickets.
SL vs SA Dream11 Expert Picks
|Aiden Markram||152 Points|
|Avishka Fernando||146 Points|
|Charith Asalanka||90 Points|
SL vs SA Player Record/Stats (Top 5 Picks)
|Players||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Avishka Fernando||118 Runs|
|Aiden Markram||96 Runs & 1 Wicket|
|Charith Asalanka||72 Runs|
|Dhananjaya de Silva||44 Runs|
|Janneman Malan||23 Runs|
SL vs SA Captaincy Picks
- Avishka Fernando
- Aiden Markram
- Janneman Malan
SL vs SA Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Heinrich Klaasen
- Batsmen: Rassie van der-Dussen, Aiden Markram, Charith Asalanka, Avishka Fernando
- All-Rounders: Wanindu Hasaranga, Dhananjaya de Silva
- Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Keshav Maharaj, Akila Dananjaya
- Captain: Aiden Markram
- Vice-Captain: Avishka Fernando
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Minod Bhanuka
- Batsmen: Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram, Avishka Fernando, Charith Asalanka, Janneman Malan
- All-Rounders: Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Bowlers: Akila Dananjaya, Keshav Maharaj, Kagisa Rabada
- Captain: Janneman Malan
- Vice-Captain: Charith Asalanka
Probable Winner Of The Match
South Africa is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.