SL vs NED: Sri Lanka will lock horns against the Netherlands in Match 9 of the ICC T20 World Cup, 2022 on Thursday, October 20, 2022, at Kardinia Park, Geelong.
This is going to be the final game for both teams before the real action kicks off in Sydney from Sunday, October 23. Also, this is going to be the final chance for both units to seal their chances of reaching the Super-12 stage.
The Netherlands, who have won both of their opening games, are still not sure about their Super-12 qualification, given they exhibit the lowest net run rate in their group. This is going to be a must-win game for them as if they lost it in any case and Namibia manages to beat the United Arab Emirates in their next game, the Netherlands will be knocked out of the tournament.
They played their most recent fixture against Namibia and handed them a five wickets defeat. Currently, they are placed at the top of the Group A points table and must be looking to seal a victory in this game in order to keep their qualification chances alive. However, it isn’t going to be an easy task against Sri Lanka, who recently thumped UAE by 79 runs.
The reigning Asian Champions, however recently jolted with a major blow with their star pacer Dushmantha Chameera ruling out of the tournament owing calf injury. Apart from Chameera, there are also concerns over Danushka Gunathilaka, and Pramod Madushan’s availability as the duo recently went for scans on hamstring injuries.
SL vs NED Match Details
- Match: Sri Lanka vs Netherlands, Match 9
- Date: Thursday, October 20, 2022
- Time: 9:30 AM (IST) / 4:00 AM (GMT)
- Venue: Kardinia Park, Geelong
- TV Broadcast: Star Sports Network
- Live Streaming: Hotstar
The pitch at Geelong is perfectly suited for the pace bowlers as we have seen in the last few matches. The average first-inning score here hovers around 140 runs. Both teams will look to bowl first after winning the toss.
SL vs NED Probable Playing XI
Sri Lanka Playing XI
Dasun Shanaka (C), Bhanuka Rajapaksa (WK), Maheesh Theekshana, Pramod Madushan, Kusal Mendis, Wanindu Hasaranga, Charith Asalanka, Pathum Nissanka, Binura Fernando, Chamika Karunaratne, Dhananjaya de Silva.
Netherlands Playing XI
Scott Edwards (C & WK), Tim Pringle, Bas de Leede, Max O’Dowd, Paul van Meekeren, Fred Klaassen, Timm van der Gugten/Logan van Beek, Colin Ackermann, Tom Cooper, Vikramjit Singh, Roelof van der Merwe.
Pitch Stats – Kardinia Park, Geelong
- Total matches played: 5
- Matches won batting first: 2
- Matches won bowling first: 3
- Average 1st Innings scores: 144
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 118
- Highest total recorded: 176/8 (20 Ov) by SL vs AUS
- Lowest total recorded: 73/10 (17.1 Ov) by UAE vs SL
- Highest score chased : 176/8 (20 Ov) by SL vs AUS
- Lowest score defended: 163/7 (20 Ov) by NAM vs SL
Sri Lanka & Netherlands’ Last 5 Matches Stats
SL vs NED Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Bas de Leede||44 Runs & 2 Wickets|
|Wanindu Hasaranga||4 Wickets|
|Pathum Nissanka||83 Runs|
|Maheesh Theekshana||3 Wickets & 11 Runs|
|Pramod Madushan||3 Wickets|
|Tim Pringle||2 Wickets & 23 Runs|
|Max O’Dowd||58 Runs|
SL vs NED Captaincy Picks
- Bas de Leede
- Wanindu Hasaranga
- Scott Edwards
SL vs NED Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Kusal Mendis, Scott Edwards
- Batters: Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Max O’Dowd, Pathum Nissanka
- All-Rounders: Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Bas de Leede
- Bowlers: Fred Klaassen, Pramod Madushan, Maheesh Theekshana
- Captain: Bas de Leede
- Vice-Captain: Wanindu Hasaranga
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Scott Edwards
- Batters: Tom Cooper, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Max O’Dowd, Pathum Nissanka
- All-Rounders: Colin Ackermann, Wanindu Hasaranga, Bas de Leede
- Bowlers: Pramod Madushan, Maheesh Theekshana, Tim Pringle
- Captain: Wanindu Hasaranga
- Vice-Captain: Scott Edwards
Probable Winner Of The Match
Sri Lanka is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.