The 2nd ODI of 3 match series between India & Sri Lanka will be played at the R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo on Tuesday, July 20, 2021.
India beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets in the first ODI and is currently leading the series by 1-0. After opting to bat first, Sri Lanka posted 262 runs for the loss of 9 wickets, which was way too easy to chase on this field.
Dasun Shanka scored 39 runs while Charith Asalanka smashed 38 runs. Thanks to Chamika Karunaratne’s quick 43, Sri Lanka managed a competitive total at the end of the first innings. Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Kuldeep Yadav grabbed 2 wickets each for India.
India, on the other hand successfully chased down the target in just 36.4 overs. It was a cakewalk for Men in Blue as they got off to a brilliant start, thanks to Prithvi Shaw’s brilliant 24-ball 43.
Ishan Kishan, the birthday boy gave himself a perfect gift as he smashed 59 runs off just 49 balls to make it easier for team India.
Dhawan (86 off 95) and Manish Pandey (26 off 40) were also impressed with the bat while Surykumar Yadav (31 off 20) gave a final touch and helped his side cross the finish line.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for 2nd ODI of the India Tour of Sri Lanka, 2021 between India and Sri Lanka.
- Match: Sri Lanka vs India, 2nd ODI
- Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2021
- Time: 3:00 PM (IST)
- Venue: R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
The pitch in the previous game at the same venue turned out to be a balanced one. The spinners got a lot of assistance and got a prodigious turn from the surface. But the likes of Prithvi Shaw and Ishan Kishan showed that run-making isn’t that tough on this pitch.
Teams are likely to bowl first upon winning the toss, considering the dew factor which comes into play as we witnessed in the previous match.
SL vs IND Probable Playing XI
Sri Lanka Probable Playing XI
Dasun Shanaka (C), Minod Bhanuka (WK), Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksha, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Avishka Fernando, Dushmantha Chameera, Lakshan Sandakan, Isuru Udana.
India Playing XI
Shikhar Dhawan (C), Ishan Kishan (WK), Kuldeep Yadav, Deepak Chahar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Krunal Pandya, Prithvi Shaw, Yuzvendra Chahal, Hardik Pandya, Manish Pandey, Suryakumar Yadav.
Sri Lanka & India Squads
Sri Lanka Squad
Shikhar Dhawan (C), Navdeep Saini, Devdutt Padikkal, Varun Chakravarthy, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Prithvi Shaw, Kuldeep Yadav, Krishnappa Gowtham, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sanju Samson, Suryakumar Yadav, Krunal Pandya, Manish Pandey, Chetan Sakariya, Deepak Chahar, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ishan Kishan, Nitish Rana, Rahul Chahar.
Dasun Shanaka (C), Wanindu Hasaranga, Ishan Jayaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Dhananjaya Lakshan, Charith Asalanka, Avishka Fernando, Kasun Rajitha, Shiran Fernando, Akila Dananjaya, Pathum Nissanka, Lakshan Sandakan, Isuru Udana, Lahiru Udara, Praveen Jayawickrama, Dhananjaya de Silva, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Minod Bhanuka, Ashen Bandara, Ramesh Mendis, Asitha Fernando, Lahiru Kumara, Binura Fernando, Chamika Karunaratne.
SL vs IND Last 5 Matches Stats
SL vs IND Head-to-head
- Matches Played – 160
- Sri Lanka Won – 56
- India Won – 92
- N/R – 11
- Tied- 1
Average First Innings Score
295 Runs (Last 5 ODI matches played at this venue)
Record of Chasing Team
- Matches Won: 18
- Matches Lost: 16
- No Result/Abandoned: 2
Top Picks For SL vs IND 2nd ODI
- Dhananjaya de Silva: The right-handed batsman and right-arm off-break bowler from Sri Lanka has contributed 14 runs and grabbed 2 wickets in the last game. He has potential to olay big knocks for his side and can be a handy pick for your fantasy team.
- Avishka Fernando: He opened the innings for Sri Lanka and smashed 33 runs in the last game, which included 2 fours and a six. He will look to contribute more for his team on Tuesday. He can be a safe pick among Sri Lankans.
- Prithvi Shaw: The 21-year old has been impressive in white ball cricket ever since he was dropped from Australia squad back in February 2021. Following momentum from Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and IPL 2021, he made a blistering start in international cricket too. He opened the innings for team India in the previous alongside his Delhi Capital’s mate Shikhar Dhawan and smashed 24-ball 43.
- Shikhar Dhawan: The 25th ODI captain of team India made a massive contribution from one side while the batters on another rope was busy hitting the ball. He stood till the last and made sure his team crosses the finish line well. He smashed 95-ball 86 in the last match.
SL vs IND Dream11 Expert Picks
|Shikhar Dhawan||118 Points|
|Ishan Kishan||93 Points|
|Dhananjaya de Silva||63 Points|
SL vs IND Player Record/Stats (Top 5 Picks)
|Player||Stats (Last Match)|
|Shikhar Dhawan||86 Runs|
|Ishan Kishan||59 Runs|
|Prithvi Shaw||43 Runs|
|Kuldeep Yadav||2 Wickets|
|Dhananjaya de Silva||14 Runs & 2 Wickets|
SL vs IND Captaincy Picks
- Ishan Kishan
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Prithvi Shaw
SL vs IND Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Minod Bhanuka, Ishan Kishan
- Batsmen: Shikhar Dhawan, Suryakumar Yadav, Dasun Shanaka, Prithvi Shaw
- All-Rounders: Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Bowlers: Yuzvendra Chahal, Deepak Chahar, Dushmantha Chameera
- Captain: Shikhar Dhawan
- Vice-Captain: Prithvi Shaw
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Ishan Kishan
- Batsmen: Shikhar Dhawan, Suryakumar Yadav, Dasun Shanaka, Avishka Fernando, Prithvi Shaw
- All-Rounders: Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga
- Bowlers: Deepak Chahar, Dushmantha Chameera, Yuzvendra Chahal
- Captain: Ishan Kishan
- Vice-Captain: Dhananjaya de Silva
Probable Winner Of The Match
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.