England has travelled to Pakistan after almost 17 years to play a seven-match T20I series which will be played in two legs. The first four games of the series will be played in Karachi before the action moves to Lahore for the final three matches.
Pakistan will be high on confidence as they reached the final in the Asia Cup 2022. The Babar Azam-led outlet made it to the final of the multinational tournament, where they suffered a 23-runs loss at the hands of Sri Lanka.
The Men in Green have got plenty of things to work on including, finalizing their middle order before heading into the T20 World Cup 2022. Also, skipper Babar Azam, who endured a run drought in the continental tournament will be looking to get back in the rhythm.
Speaking of England, they will be led by Moeen Ali as their regular skipper Jos Buttler will be missing the first five T20 Internationals against Pakistan. The likes of Mark Wood, Chris Woakes, and Reece Topley will miss the Karachi leg and the onus will be on the Trent Rockets duo of Alex Hales and Dawid Malan to provide a good start to the team.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 1st T20I of the England tour of Pakistan, 2022.
PAK vs ENG Match Details
- Match: Pakistan vs England, 1st T20I
- Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- Time: 8:00 PM (IST) / 2:30 PM (GMT)
- Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
The pitch at Karachi is a belter of a surface, with the batters holding a massive edge over bowlers. The average first-innings score at this venue in the last three games has been around 90 runs.
The quick bowlers are likely to get some help in the initial overs, while the middle overs will see the spinners dominating the game. Both teams will prefer chasing after winning the toss.
For England, Jos Buttler, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes, and Reece Topley will not be available for this match.
For Pakistan, their star pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi will not be available for selection.
PAK vs ENG Probable Playing XI
Pakistan Playing XI
Babar Azam (C), Mohammad Rizwan (WK), Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Shadab Khan, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf, Shahnawaz Dahani/Mohammad Hasnain.
England Playing XI
Alex Hales, Phil Salt (WK), Dawid Malan, Harry Brook, Will Jacks, Moeen Ali (C), Sam Curran, Chris Wokaes, Adil Rashid, Richard Gleeson, Mark Wood/Reece Topley.
- Total matches played: 7
- Matches won batting first: 5
- Matches won bowling first: 2
- Average 1st Innings scores: 191
- Average 2nd Innings scores: 135
- Highest total recorded: 208/3 (18.5 Ov) by PAK vs WI
- Lowest total recorded: 60/10 (13.4 Ov) by WI vs PAK
- Highest score chased : 208/3 (18.5 Ov) by PAK vs WI
- Lowest score defended: 172/8 (20 Ov) by PAK vs WI
Pakistan & England Last 5 Matches Stats
PAK vs ENG Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Babar Azam||2754 Runs|
|Mohammad Rizwan||1943 Runs|
|Dawid Malan||1411 Runs|
|Adil Rashid||83 Wickets|
|Shadab Khan||81 Wickets & 329 Runs|
PAK vs ENG Captaincy Picks
- Moeen Ali
- Alex Hales
- Mohammad Rizwan
PAK vs ENG Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Mohammad Rizwan
- Batters: Alex Hales, Babar Azam, Dawid Malan
- All-Rounders: Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Mohammad Nawaz
- Bowlers: Adil Rashid, Reece Topley, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf
- Captain: Moeen Ali
- Vice-Captain: Mohammad Rizwan
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Mohammad Rizwan
- Batters: Alex Hales, Babar Azam, Shan Masood, Dawid Malan
- All-Rounders: Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Shadab Khan
- Bowlers: Adil Rashid, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf
- Captain: Alex Hales
- Vice-Captain: Shadab Khan
Probable Winner Of The Match
Pakistan is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.