The 44th match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 will be played between England and Pakistan on Saturday, November 11 at the iconic Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
England‘s World Cup 2023 journey was disappointing, securing only two wins out of eight matches and facing early elimination. With nothing to gain or lose, they are now focused on playing for pride and extracting positives from their upcoming game.
On the other hand, Pakistan finds itself out of the semifinals contention, entering this game with the intent to extract positives. This match holds significance as it is their farewell appearance on Indian soil before their return to Pakistan.
However, before heading into this game, let’s take a look at the pitch report, and ground stats of the Eden Gardens:
SA vs PAK: Eden Gardens Pitch Report
The Eden Gardens pitch in Kolkata favours batters, setting the stage for a high-scoring matchup. Nevertheless, spinners are poised to become pivotal in the latter part of the game, aiming to curtail the batting side’s scoring and secure crucial breakthroughs. The captain winning the toss might opt to field first.
SA vs PAK: Eden Gardens Ground Stats
- Total matches: 38
- Matches won batting first: 22
- Matches won bowling first: 15
- Average 1st Inns scores: 242
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 198
- Highest total recorded: 404/5 (50 Ov) by IND vs SL
- Lowest total recorded: 63/10 (39.3 Ov) by INDW vs ENGW
- Highest score chased: 317/3 (48.1 Ov) by IND vs SL
- Lowest score defended: 195/10 (50 Ov) by IND vs RSA