The 41st match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 will be played between New Zealand and Sri Lanka on Thursday, November 7 at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.
New Zealand‘s journey in the 2023 World Cup took a disastrous turn as they experienced four consecutive defeats after initially starting the tournament with four consecutive wins. This upcoming match is crucial for them to stay in the running for the semi-finals.
On the other hand, Sri Lanka‘s performance in the 2023 World Cup has been lacklustre, with just two wins in eight matches. They have been knocked out of the semi-final race and will play this game solely for pride, with nothing to gain or lose.
However, before heading into this game, let’s take a look at the pitch report and ground stats of the M Chinnaswamy stadium:
NZ vs SL: M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Pitch Report
The pitch at M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore is a batsman’s paradise, with a fast outfield and shorter boundaries, making it easy to rack up runs. Choosing to bat first and setting a big total could be a smart move.
NZ vs SL: M. Chinnaswamy Stadium Ground Stats
- Total matches: 41
- Matches won batting first: 15
- Matches won bowling first: 22
- Average 1st Inns scores: 237
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 216
- Highest total recorded: 401/6 (50 Ov) by NZ vs PAK
- Lowest total recorded: 114/10 (38.5 Ov) by INDW vs RSAW
- Highest score chased : 329/7 (49.1 Ov) by IRE vs ENG
- Lowest score defended: 166/4 (22 Ov) by IND vs ENG