The 34th match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 will be played between Afghanistan and Netherlands on Friday, November 3 at BRSABV Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow.
Afghanistan has played in six matches in the tournament, securing victories in three games and suffering three losses. They currently occupy the sixth position on the points table and remain contenders for a spot in the semifinals. Moving forward, they are determined to win their remaining matches.
On the other hand, the Netherlands has only secured victory in two out of the six matches they have played in the tournament. While their chances of reaching the semifinals are now dashed, they are motivated to play the role of a spoiler for other teams.
Let’s take a look at the pitch report and ground stats of BRSABV Ekana Cricket Stadium for Afghanistan vs Netherlands match:
AFG vs NED: BRSABV Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
The pitch at Ekana Stadium has a longstanding reputation for favouring spinners, and as the match progresses, it tends to provide added support to spinners. There will be a dew in the later half of the game and hence chasing would be an ideal choice for the team winning the toss.
AFG vs NED: BRSABV Ekana Cricket Stadium, Ground Stats
- Total matches: 13
- Matches won batting first: 4
- Matches won bowling first: 9
- Average 1st Inns scores: 229
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 207
- Highest total recorded: 311/7 (50 Ov) by RSA vs AUS
- Lowest total recorded: 129/10 (34.5 Ov) by ENG vs IND
- Highest score chased: 269/3 (48.4 Ov) by RSAW vs INDW
- Lowest score defended: 248/5 (50 Ov) by INDW vs RSAW