India will lock horns with South Africa in the 37th match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 on Sunday, November 5 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
The Indian cricket team, yet to face defeat in the 2023 World Cup, enters this match fresh from a commanding 302-run win against Sri Lanka. Occupying the top of the points table, the Men in Blue are eager to prolong their winning streak.
On the other hand, South Africa have also been brilliant in the tournament so far, winning six out of the seven matches they played. They are currently sitting at the second spot of the points table and are coming into this game on the back of a thumping 190-runs victory over New Zealand.
IND vs SA: Eden Gardens Pitch Report
Eden Gardens in Kolkata has a reputation for providing a balanced pitch, with an average score of 240 runs. Batters have thrived here thanks to shorter boundaries, allowing them to score effectively.
Furthermore, fast bowlers can capitalise on early swing with the new ball, and spinners find the pitch conducive to substantial turn and grip, making Eden Gardens a favourable ground for them. The team winning the toss should look to bat first.
IND vs SA: Eden Gardens Ground Stats
- Total matches 37
- Matches won batting first 21
- Matches won bowling first 15
- Average 1st Inns scores 240
- Average 2nd Inns scores 201
- Highest total recorded 404/5 (50 Ov) by IND vs SL
- Lowest total recorded 63/10 (39.3 Ov) by INDW vs ENGW
- Highest score chased 317/3 (48.1 Ov) by IND vs SL
- Lowest score defended 195/10 (50 Ov) by IND vs RSA