The 40th match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 will see England go head to head against Netherlands on Wednesday, November 8, at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune.
England‘s World Cup 2023 dreams have turned into a nightmare. They have mustered just one win in seven matches, and the tournament has been a disaster for them. With two group stage games remaining, they are left playing for pride and trying to salvage something positive from this wreckage.
On the other hand, the Netherlands are on the brink of World Cup 2023 elimination, with just two wins in seven matches. While their overall performance has been lacklustre, they do have some silver linings to draw upon. Don’t count them out, as they have pulled off surprises, like they did against South Africa.
However, before heading into this game, let’s take a look at the pitch report, and ground stats of the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune:
ENG vs NED: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium Pitch Report
The Pune pitch at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium leans in favour of the batters, setting the stage for a potentially high-scoring showdown. Choosing to field first and then chasing the target might be a clever move.
ENG vs NED: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium Ground Stats
- Total matches: 10
- Matches won batting first: 5
- Matches won bowling first: 5
- Average 1st Inns scores: 300
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 264
- Highest total recorded: 357/4 (50 Ov) by RSA vs NZ
- Lowest total recorded: 167/10 (35.3 Ov) by NZ vs RSA
- Highest score chased: 356/7 (48.1 Ov) by IND vs ENG
- Lowest score defended: 283/9 (50 Ov) by WI vs IND