The 36th match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 will be played between England and Australia on Saturday, November 4 at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
England‘s ODI World Cup 2023 dreams have been shattered after losing six of their seven matches. With only pride to play for, they target upsetting other teams, beginning with Australia.
On the other hand, Australia, after enduring two consecutive defeats at the start of the tournament, made a strong comeback by winning their next three games in a row. They are now eager to extend their winning streak.
However, before heading into this game, let’s take a look at the pitch report, and ground stats of Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad:
ENG vs AUS: Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad Pitch Report
The pitch at Ahmedabad’s Narendra Modi Stadium presents an excellent balance between batting and bowling, favouring spinners. Fast bowlers will need pinpoint accuracy to avoid batters’ aggression. Spinners will benefit from the pitch, particularly in the middle overs of the game. However, as the match progresses and dew settles, batting becomes easier, allowing batters to express themselves freely.
ENG vs AUS: Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad Ground Stats
- Total matches 30
- Matches won batting first 16
- Matches won bowling first 14
- Average 1st Inns scores 235
- Average 2nd Inns scores 205
- Highest total recorded 365/2 (50 Ov) by RSA vs IND
- Lowest total recorded 85/10 (30.1 Ov) by ZIM vs WI
- Highest score chased 325/5 (47.4 Ov) by IND vs WI
- Lowest score defended 196/10 (48.3 Ov) by WI vs IND