The 39th match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 will be played between Australia and Afghanistan on Tuesday, November 7 at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
In the ongoing tournament, Australia has competed in seven matches, managing to secure a remarkable five-match winning streak after their initial two losses. They currently occupy the third position on the points table, and a victory in this game would edge them closer to qualifying for the semifinals.
On the other hand, Afghanistan’s World Cup performance has been off the charts. They have snatched victory in four out of seven matches and have been giving the big teams a run for their money. They are all set to take on Australia, riding high from their recent beatdown of the Netherlands.
Before heading into this game, let’s take a look at the pitch report and ground stats of the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
AUS vs AFG: Wankhede Stadium Pitch Report
The Wankhede Stadium pitch is a haven for batsmen, thanks to its short boundaries that allow for easy runs. Fast bowlers can exploit early seam movement and lively bounce, while spinners can find success as the match progresses and the pitch wears down.
AUS vs AFG: Wankhede Stadium Ground Stats
- Total matches: 32
- Matches won batting first: 17
- Matches won bowling first: 15
- Average 1st Inns scores: 247
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 196
- Highest total recorded: 438/4 (50 Ov) by RSA vs IND
- Lowest total recorded: 55/10 (19.4 Ov) by SL vs IND
- Highest score chased: 284/4 (49 Ov) by NZ vs IND
- Lowest score defended: 192/9 (50 Ov) by WI vs IND