MI vs KKR: Kolkata Knight Riders would be looking to grab a crucial win when they take on Mumbai Indians in the 56th match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 on Monday (May 09) at Dr DY Patil Stadium.
The five-time champions have seen a horrible season as they have won just 2 out of 10 matches and are languishing at the bottom of the points table. They managed to defeat the table-toppers Gujarat Titans in the last game by 5 runs after scoring 177 runs for the loss of 6 wickets. They would be looking to sustain their winning momentum and spoil the fate of other teams.
Last year’s runner up Kolkata Knight Riders is on the brink of elimination. They endured a massive loss against the Lucknow Super Giants in their most recent encounter as they failed to chase the score of 177 and were bundled out for just 101 runs. They are sitting in the number 8th position in the points table currently and from here on they need to win their remaining games with a huge margin to stay in the contention of the playoff race.
MI vs KKR Match Details
- Match: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders, Match 56
- Date: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM (IST) / 2:00 PM (GMT)
- Venue: DY Patil Stadium, Mumbai
MI vs KKR Pitch Report
The wicket at Dr DY Patil Stadium will offer assistance to the quick bowlers in the initial hours of the game. However, as the game proceeds, spinners will come into the picture. The batters will have to set their foot before going for big shots. We have already seen a couple of high scoring games at this venue and the same is expected on Monday. Considering the dew factor, both teams will look to bowl first after winning the toss.
MI vs KKR Pitch Stats – In Last 5 IPL 2022 Matches
- Average 1st Innings Score: 159
- Average 2nd Innings Score: 153
- Batting First Won: 2
- Batting Second Won: 3
- Toss Winner Opt to Bowl: 3
- Toss Winner Opt to Bat: 2
MI vs KKR Key Matchups
- Rohit Sharma vs Tim Southee – 76 Runs vs 4 Dismissals
- Rohit Sharma vs Umesh Yadav – 46 Runs vs 3 Dismissals
- Rohit Sharma vs Sunil Narine – 75 Runs vs 3 Dismissals
- Suryakumar Yadav vs Umesh Yadav – 23 Runs vs 2 Dismissals
- Suryakumar Yadav vs Andre Russell – 29 Runs vs 2 Dismissals
MI vs KOL Head-to-Head Records
Mumbai Indians & Kolkata Knight Riders Form
MI vs KKR Predicted Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (C), Ishan Kishan (WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Tim David, Kieron Pollard, Daniel Sams, Murugan Ashwin, Kumar Kartikeya, Jasprit Bumrah, Riley Meredith.
Kolkata Knight Riders
Aaron Finch, Baba Indrajith (WK), Shreyas Iyer (C), Nitish Rana, Rinku Singh, Anukul Roy, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Tim Southee, Shivam Mavi, Harshit Rana/Umesh Yadav.
Match Predictions For Match 56 – MI vs KKR
If Mumbai Indians Win the Toss & Bowl First
- Kolkata Knight Riders Powerplay Score: 40-50
- Kolkata Knight Riders Overall Score: 150-170
Mumbai Indians win the match.
If Kolkata Knight Riders Win the Toss & Bowl First
- Mumbai Indians Powerplay Score: 45-55
- Mumbai Indians Overall Score: 170-190
Mumbai Indians win the match.
Disclaimer: This Prediction is for entertainment purposes only. We don’t get involved in or promote betting or gambling. We strongly discourage the behaviour of participating in illegal activities related to cricket. Also, while selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision. Our experts try to be as correct as possible, but we do not guarantee 100% correctness.