IND vs NZ: New Zealand will lock horns against India in the 2nd T20I of the New Zealand tour of India, 2023 on Sunday, January 29, 2023, at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow.
The Kiwis bounced back from their ODI series loss to India by securing a 21-run victory in the opening T20I match. They will look to extend their winning run in the series.
The Men in Blue fell short in a high-scoring encounter at Ranchi, where the Black Caps posted 176 runs on the board with 6 wickets down, India could only manage 155 runs with 9 wickets lost.
The Indian pacers, particularly Arshdeep Singh and captain Hardik Pandya, had a lacklustre performance and will aim to redeem themselves in the next match. Washington Sundar, on the other hand, had a great game in the last match with both bat and ball and will hope to replicate that form in Lucknow.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd T20I of the New Zealand tour of India, 2023.
IND vs NZ Match Details
- Match: India vs New Zealand, 2nd T20I
- Date: Sunday, January 29, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM (IST) | 1:30 PM (GMT) | 7:00 PM (Local)
- Venue: Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
Pitch Report For IND vs NZ, 2nd T20I
The Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow has provided some assistance to the spinners and teams will want to make use of the powerplay fielding limitations. The captain who wins the toss is likely to opt for batting first based on past performances at the venue.
Pitch Stats of Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow For IND vs NZ, 2nd T20I
- Total matches played: 8
- Matches won batting first: 5
- Matches won bowling first: 3
- Average 1st Inns scores: 157
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 129
- Highest total recorded: 199/2 (20 Ov) by IND vs SL
- Highest score chased: 159/4 (20 Ov) by RSAW vs INDW
- Lowest score defended: 156/8 (20 Ov) by AFG vs WI
Probable Playing XI For IND vs NZ, 2nd T20I
India Playing XI
Ishan Kishan (WK), Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya (C), Deepak Hooda, Washington Sundar, Shivam Mavi, Kuldeep Yadav, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh.
New Zealand Playing XI
Finn Allen, Devon Conway (WK), Mark Chapman, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner (C), Michael Bracewell, Jacob Duffy, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Blair Tickner.
Stats of India & New Zealand Form in Last 5 Matches
IND vs NZ Player Record/Stats (Must Picks) For 2nd T20I
|Player||Stats (This Series)|
|Washington Sundar||50 Runs & 2 Wickets|
|Michael Bracewell||2 Wickets|
|Devo Conway||52 Runs|
|Mitchel Santner||2 Wickets|
|Daryll Mitchell||59 Runs|
|Suryakumar Yadav||47 Runs|
|Shubman Gill||7 Runs|
IND vs NZ Captaincy Picks For 2nd T20I Between India vs New Zealand
- Shubman Gill
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Devon Conway
IND vs NZ Dream11 Prediction – Fantasy Team Suggesting For 2nd T20I
India vs New Zealand – Fantasy Team 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Devon Conway
- Batters: Suryakumar Yadav, Daryll Mitchell, Finn Allen, Shubman Gill
- All-Rounders: Michael Bracewell, Mitchel Santner, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar
- Bowlers: Kuldeep Yadav, Lockie Ferguson
- Captain: Suryakumar Yadav
- Vice-Captain: Devon Conway
India vs New Zealand – Fantasy Team 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Devon Conway, Ishan Kishan
- Batters: Suryakumar Yadav, Daryll Mitchell, Shubman Gill
- All-Rounders: Michael Bracewell, Mitchel Santner, Washington Sundar
- Bowlers: Kuldeep Yadav, Lockie Ferguson, Shivam Mavi
- Captain: Shubman Gill
- Vice-Captain: Michael Bracewell
IND vs NZ Match Prediction – Who Will Win Today’s Match?
India is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.