ENG vs SA: England will lock horns against South Africa in the 2nd Test of the South Africa tour of England, 2022 on Thursday, August 25, 2022, at Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester.
After suffering a humiliating loss at the hands of South Africa in the opening Test at Lord’s, the Three Lions would be eager to roar back again and level the three-match Test series in the second test on August 25 at Old Trafford.
Talking about the first Test, England’s batting looked far from the best as besides Ollie Pope’s 73, no other batter could surpass the 20-run mark in the first innings.
Former skippers Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow will be looking to bounce back stronger in this game. On the bowling front, the inclusion of Sussex bowler Ollie Robinson will further aid them.
South Africa, on the other hand, will be keen to continue their onslaught and take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series in Manchester.
For the visitors, skipper Dean Elgar, Sarel Erwee, and Keegan Peterson will hold the impetus. While with the ball, Kagiso Rabada, Marco Jansen, and Anrich Nortje will be eager to replicate their Lord’s performance at Old Trafford.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd Test of the South Africa tour of England, 2022.
ENG vs SA Match Details
- Match: England vs South Africa, 2nd Test
- Date: Thursday, August 25, 2022
- Time: 3:30 PM (IST)
- Venue: Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
The surface at Old Trafford usually offers more bounce than the other surfaces and hence seamers will have an upper hand here. As the match progresses, batting will become easier and hence whoever wins the toss will opt to bowl first.
ENG vs SA Probable Playing XI
England Playing XI
Ben Stokes (C), Ben Foakes (WK), James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Alex Lees, Jack Leach, Zak Crawley, Jonny Bairstow, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Ollie Robinson.
South Africa Playing XI
Dean Elgar (C), Kyle Verreynne (WK), Kagiso Rabada, Sarel Erwee, Anrich Nortje, Keegan Petersen, Lungi Ngidi, Marco Jansen, Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram, Keshav Maharaj.
Average First Innings Score
The average first innings score at this venue in the last 5 matches is 405 runs.
- Total matches: 82
- Matches won batting first: 32
- Matches won bowling first: 15
- Average 1st Inns scores: 335
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 268
- Average 3rd Inns scores: 227
- Average 4th Inns scores: 168
- Highest total recorded : 656/8 (255.5 Ov) by AUS vs ENG
- Lowest total recorded:58/10 (21.4 Ov) by IND vs ENG
England & South Africa Last 5 Matches Stats
ENG vs SA Player Record/Stats (Must Picks)
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Kagiso Rabada||8 Wickets|
|Marco Jansen||4 Wickets & 48 Runs|
|Ben Stokes||3 Wickets & 40 Runs|
|Marco Jansen||2 Wickets & 48 Runs|
|Anrich Nortje||3 Wickets & 28 Runs|
|Ollie Pope||78 Runs|
|Dean Elgar||47 Runs|
ENG vs SA Captaincy Picks
- Ben Stokes
- Kagiso Rabada
- Ollie Pope
ENG vs SA Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Jonny Bairstow
- Batters: Dean Elgar, Sarel Erwee, Ollie Pope
- All-Rounders: Ben Stokes, Joe Root, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram
- Bowlers: Stuart Broad, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje
- Captain: Ben Stokes
- Vice-Captain: Kagiso Rabada
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Jonny Bairstow
- Batters: Dean Elgar, Rassie Van der Dussen, Ollie Pope
- All-Rounders: Ben Stokes, Joe Root, Keshav Maharaj
- Bowlers: Stuart Broad, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Marco Jansen
- Captain: Ollie Pope
- Vice-Captain: Marco Jansen
Probable Winner Of The Match
South Africa is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.