BAN vs NZ: New Zealand will lock horns against Bangladesh in the 3rd ODI of New Zealand tour of Bangladesh, 2023 on Tuesday, September 26, 2023, at Headingley, Leeds.
After the first ODI match was called off due to rain, New Zealand bounced back stronger in the 2nd ODI and beat Bangladesh by 86 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the series. Batting first, New Zealand were bowled out for 254 runs in 49.2 overs, with Tom Blundell and Henry Nicholls standing out as the top batters.
In reply, New Zealand’s standout spinner, Ish Sodhi, delivered a masterful performance, claiming six wickets, while Bangladesh was dismissed for 168 runs in 41.1 overs. Additionally, Kyle Jamieson secured two wickets, with Lockier Ferguson and Cole McConchie each taking one.
Heading into this game, the Black Caps will look to extend their dominance and clinch the series by winning this match, while Bangladesh will aim to level the series at 1-1. All in all, an exciting 50-overs game awaits at Sher-e-Bangla Stadium, Dhaka, on Tuesday.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 3rd ODI of New Zealand tour of Bangladesh, 2023.
BAN vs NZ Match Details
- Match: Bangladesh vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI
- Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Time: 1:30 PM (IST) | 8:00 AM (GMT) | 2:00 PM (Local)
- Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
Pitch Report For BAN vs NZ, 3rd ODI
The Shere Bangla National Stadium boasts a pitch that’s known for its batter-friendly nature. Nonetheless, pacers relish the dual-paced quality, capitalising on ample swing and bounce to challenge the batsmen. Given the pitch’s tendency to deteriorate, teams often choose to bat first, targeting an average first innings score of 245.
Pitch Stats of Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka ForBAN vs NZ, 3rd ODI
- Total matches played: 129
- Matches won batting first: 59
- Matches won bowling first: 67
- Average 1st Inns scores: 222
- Average 3rd Inns scores: 192
- Highest total recorded: 370/4 (50 Ov) by IND vs BAN
- Lowest total recorded: 58/10 (17.4 Ov) by BAN vs IND
- Highest score chased: 330/4 (47.5 Ov) by IND vs PAK
- Lowest score defended: 105/10 (25.3 Ov) by IND vs BAN
Probable Playing XI For BAN vs NZ, 3rd ODI
Bangladesh Playing XI
Litton Das (C & WK), Tamim Iqbal, Tanzid Hasan, Soumya Sarkar, Mahmudullah, Towhid Hridoy, Mahedi Hasan, Khaled Ahmed, Nasum Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud
New Zealand Playing XI
Lockie Ferguson (C), Tom Blundell (WK), Henry Nicholls, Finn Allen, Will Young, Chad Bowes, Rachin Ravindra, Cole McConchie, Kyle Jamieson, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult
Stats of Bangladesh & New Zealand Form in Last 5 Matches
BAN vs NZ Player Record/Stats (Must Picks) For 3rd ODI
|Player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Ish Sodhi||6 Wickets & 35 Runs|
|Nasum Ahmed||3 Wickets & 21 Runs|
|Mahedi Hasan||3 Wickets & 17 Runs|
|Henry Nicholls||93 Runs|
|Tom Blundell||76 Runs|
|Will Young||58 Runs|
BAN vs NZ Captaincy Picks For 3rd ODI Between Bangladesh vs New Zealand
- Ish Sodhi
- Mahedi Hasan
BAN vs NZ Dream11 Prediction – Fantasy Team Suggesting For 3rd ODI
Bangladesh vs New Zealand – Fantasy Team 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Tom Blundell
- Batters: Mahmudullah, Will Young, Henry Nicholls
- All-Rounders: Cole McConchie, Mahedi Hasan, Rachin Ravindra, Mehidy Hasan Mirza
- Bowlers: Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Nasum Ahmed
- Captain: Ish Sodhi
- Vice-Captain: Mahedi Hasan
Bangladesh vs New Zealand – Fantasy Team 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Tom Blundell
- Batters: Mahmudullah, Henry Nicholls, Finn Allen
- All-Rounders: Cole McConchie, Mahedi Hasan, Rachin Ravindra
- Bowlers: Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Nasum Ahmed
- Captain: Mahmudullah
- Vice-Captain: Ish Sodhi
BAN vs NZ Match Prediction – Who Will Win Today’s Match?
New Zealand is expected to win this match.
BAN vs NZ 3rd ODI Live Streaming and Broadcast, Where to watch?
- Online Streaming: Fancode
- TV Broadcast: DD Sports
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.