Bangladesh is all set to face Australia in the first T20I of the five-match series on Tuesday, August 03 at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka.
The Tigers must be high on confidence after thrashing Zimbabwe at their home. They won the three-match T20I series 2-1 at the Harare Sports Club.
Australia, on the other hand, is coming off an embarrassing T20I series 1-4 loss against the West Indies. They will be looking to start the series on a winning note. Matthew Wade has been named the skipper in place of Aaron Finch, who has been ruled out of the series due to a knee injury.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for 1st T20I of the Australia Tour of Bangladesh, 2021 between Australia and Bangladesh.
- Match: Bangladesh vs Australia, 1st T20I
- Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Time: 5:30 PM (IST)
- Venue: Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
- Live Streaming: Fancode
The surface in Dhaka can be sometimes slow. This brings the bowlers into the equation a lot. The slowness may be profitable for the spinners. A score of around 160 and 170 would be a challenging one for the team bats in the second innings.
BAN vs AUS Probable Playing XI
Bangladesh Probable Playing XI
Mahmudullah (C), Nurul Hasan Sohan (WK), Taijul Islam, Shamim Hossain Patwary, Mohammad Naim Sheikh, Shakib Al Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Mohammad Saifuddin/Shoriful Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Mahedi Hasan/Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Afif Hossain Dhrubo.
Australia Playing XI
Matthew Wade (C & WK), Josh Philippe, Mitchell Marsh, Mitchell Starc, Ashton Agar, Moises Henriques, Ben McDermott, Daniel Christian, Wes Agar/Andrew Tye, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood.
Bangladesh won’t have their key batters Tamim Iqbal and Liton Das in the series due to unrevealed reasons.
Top Picks For 1st T20I of BAN vs AUS
1. Shakib Al Hasan: The Bangladeshi all-rounder has been very impressive against Australia. He has scored 143 runs in 4 T20Is against Australia at the SR and an average of 123.27 and 35.75 respectively. He had also taken five wickets, with 3/27 being his best against this side.
2. Mahmudullah: He is the highest run-scorer from his side in the T20s. In 20 innings, he has smashed 477 runs at an average of 53.00 and SR of 137.86. He will be a must pick for your fantasy team.
1. Mitchell Marsh: He has performed exceptionally well for Australia in T20Is of late. In the T20I series against the West Indies, he got scores of 51, 54, 75 and 30. He was the leading run-scorer of the last T20 series against the West Indies.
2. Adam Zampa: Since the surface will help the spinners, he has a lot to prove in the upcoming series. He will play a massive role in this series for Australia. He is one of the must pick for your fantasy team.
BAN vs AUS Dream11 Expert Picks
|Shakib Al Hasan||N/A|
Australia & Bangladesh Form
BAN vs AUS Player Record/Stats (Top 5 Picks)
|Player||Stats (T20I Carrer)|
|Soumya Sarkar||1077 Runs & 9 Wickets|
|Shakib Al Hasan||1604 Runs & 95 Wickets|
|Mitchell Marsh||544 Runs & 15 Wickets|
|Moises Henriques||315 Runs & 7 Wickets|
|Matthew Wade||613 Runs|
BAN vs AUS Captaincy Picks
- Shakib Al Hasan
- Matthew Wade
- Mitchell Marsh
BAN vs AUS Dream11 Fantasy Team Prediction
Fantasy Team Suggestion 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Matthew Wade
- Batsmen: Moises Henriques, Mahmudullah, Josh Philippe, Mohammad Naim Sheikh
- All-Rounders: Shakib Al Hasan, Mitchell Marsh
- Bowlers: Adam Zampa, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam, Mitchell Starc
- Captain: Shakib Al Hasan
- Vice-Captain: Matthew Wade
Fantasy Team Suggestion 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Matthew Wade
- Batsmen: Ben McDermott, Josh Philippe, Mohammad Naim Sheikh
- All-Rounders: Shakib Al Hasan, Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Agar, Soumya Sarkar
- Bowlers: Adam Zampa, Taijul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman
- Captain: Mitchell Marsh
- Vice-Captain: Mohammad Naim Sheikh
Probable Winner Of The Match
Australia is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.