AUS vs SA: South Africa will lock horns against Australia in the 2nd Test of the South Africa tour of Australia, 2022-23 on Monday, December 26, 2022, at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne.
Australia will lock horns with South Africa in the Boxing Day Test on Monday, in Melbourne. The hosts won the opening Test by six wickets on a pace-friendly surface at The Gabba’s pitch and took a 1-0 lead in the three-match Test series.
It was a graveyard for the batters at Brisbane as the entire match ended within two days. South Africa’s first innings collapsed on 152 runs while Australia scored crucial 218 runs in their first innings.
Australian captain Pat Cummins picked a five-wicket haul in the second innings to bowl out the Proteas on just 99 runs and then chased the 34-run wicket with six wickets remaining in the fourth inning chase.
Heading into the second Test, while Australia will be keen on taking an unassailable lead in the series, the visitors will be looking to bounce back stronger and win this match to level the series at 1-1. All in all, with some of the star Test players taking the field against each other, a cracking match beckons in Melbourne.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for the 2nd Test of the South Africa tour of Australia, 2022-23.
AUS vs SA Match Details
- Match: Australia vs South Africa, 2nd Test
- Date: Monday, December 26, 2022
- Time: 5:00 AM (IST) | 11:30 AM (GMT) | 10:30 AM (Local)
- Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Pitch Report For AUS vs SA, 2nd Test
The surface at Melbourne isn’t that helpful to the batters as compared to the other venues in Australia. The batters will have to show patience here. The spinners will get assistance from the surface as well. The team winning the toss will look to bat first.
Pitch Stats of Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne For AUS vs SA, 2nd Test
- Total matches played: 115
- Matches won batting first: 56
- Matches won bowling first: 41
- Average 1st Inns scores: 308
- Average 2nd Inns scores: 310
- Average 3rd Inns scores: 252
- Average 4th Inns scores: 171
- Highest total recorded: 624/8 (142 Ov) by AUS vs PAK
- Lowest total recorded: 36/10 (23.2 Ov) by RSA vs AUS
Probable Playing XI For AUS vs SA, 2nd Test
Australia Playing XI
Pat Cummins (C), Alex Carey (WK), David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Scott Boland.
South Africa Playing XI
Dean Elgar (C), Kyle Verreynne (WK), Sarel Erwee, Theunis de Bruyn, Temba Bavuma, Khaya Zondo, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi
Stats of Australia & South Africa Form in Last 5 Matches
AUS vs SA Player Record/Stats (Must Picks) For 2nd Test
|Player||Stats (This Series)|
|Travis Head||92 Runs|
|Kagiso Rabada||8 Wickets|
|Pat Cummins||7 Wickets|
|Mitchell Starc||5 Wickets|
|Kyle Verreynne||64 Runs|
|Steve Smith||42 Runs|
|Anrich Nortje||2 Wickets|
|Marnus Labuschagne||16 Runs|
AUS vs SA Captaincy Picks For 2nd Test Between Australia vs South Africa
- Travis Head
- Marnus Labuschagne
- Kagiso Rabada
AUS vs SA Dream11 Prediction – Fantasy Team Suggesting For 2nd Test
Australia vs South Africa – Fantasy Team 1
- Wicket-Keeper: Kyle Verreynne
- Batters: Steve Smith, Temba Bavuma, Marnus Labuschagne
- All-Rounders: Travis Head, Keshav Maharaj, Cameron Green, Marco Jansen
- Bowlers: Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Kagiso Rabada
- Captain: Travis Head
- Vice-Captain: Kagiso Rabada
Australia vs South Africa – Fantasy Team 2
- Wicket-Keeper: Kyle Verryenne
- Batters: Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Rassie van der Dussen, Marnus Labuschagne
- All-Rounders: Travis Head, Marco Jansen
- Bowlers: Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje
- Captain: Marnus Labuschagne
- Vice-Captain: Anrich Nortje
AUS vs SA Match Prediction – Who Will Win Today’s Match?
Australia is expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.